Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

tips on my first paint job

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 12:52 PM
RcRacer37E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tips on my first paint job

Ive used a can once, all red isnt to hard to do. Ive done a bunch of reading on r/c painting, I got myself a 1/8 hp sears air compresor and tower hobbies air brush http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX8173&P=7
Im going to use spaz paint, holographic with some kinda flames. I konw that darker colors go on first. Just wondering if the holographic should be first? Also, out side of mask and a flame tinplate, what eles might I need to do a ok first time job with what I have?
Thanks for any kinda info and tips/tricks.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:40 AM
Gex_61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tips on my first paint job

here's a good idea,
go to your local hobby shop. they should sell big sheets of plastic that are used for side wings on some cars. cut it up and use it for practice, till you get a good idea or technique. I did this with my first air brushed paint job and its worth some extra money. If you don't have the cash, just draw some lines on a piece of newspaper or something for practice.

Remember dark colors first. and do white last to make the fluorescent colors pop.[:-]
although I have never used spaz paint, so I don't know what its like.

good luck.