Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Hpi Body on a TC3

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 09:55 PM
Nismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpi Body on a TC3

If I get the body from HPI (I think they have the best) Do I need to cut new holes or do the dimples in the body line up with the shafts? Can I get the 200mm body with out getting the 200mm conversion or just 3mm off set rims.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Nitroholic-disabled

yes
Old 02-22-2003, 04:19 PM
SockMonkey

It's been my experience that the dimples in the HPI bodies do not line up at all with the TC3 mounting posts. Just position your body over the TC3 chassis before you start painting or masking. Mark the location of the posts with a perm. marker on the outside (on the protective film).

Then don't do what I've done on more than one occasion... After painting don't remove the film until you've used a reamer to make the holes. I hate it when I do that. :stupid:

Also, I have a 200mm body that I bought (accidentally - thought it was 190mm) and it will definately mount on a normal 190mm TC3. Unfortunately, I don't have special rims or anything and it looks lilke crap if you run with it on.

Bob
Old 02-25-2003, 06:15 PM
xtcracer

Hey sock monkey i had a TC3 with a Rally Conversion its 20mm now do you know if i need new mounting post to mount the Peugeot 260 WRC body...if so where can i find longer body post i don t think TE makes post that are high enough Please e mail at [email protected]
Old 02-25-2003, 09:44 PM
SockMonkey

xtcracer,

Unfortunately, I can't tell you what you'll need to get that body to fit. I'm sure someone makes post extentions, but I've never needed them. Sorry.

Bob