Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies
Reload this Page >

Quick Painting Question..(Which Color First??)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Quick Painting Question..(Which Color First??)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 02:34 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Quick Painting Question..(Which Color First??)

Hi, I have a new truggy bod for my Losi Muggy.. I want the main color to be orange, but with some - yet to be determined - black trim....

It would of course be easier to paint the orange and just mask off the black trim parts.. But then I would be spraying black all over on top of the orange, in effect backing the orange with black..

This is bad I presume??..

Any easier way than having to mask off all the orange parts? I guess it'd be easier to paint orange, then mask over the orange while painting the black trim, than to start off masking off all the to-be-orange parts and painting the black trim parts first...

Gonna be rattle cans..
Old 11-18-2007, 10:19 AM
bluecaka69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quick Painting Question..(Which Color First??)

In most case try to do dark color first cause like you said you dont want to be backing orange with black