Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Here's my car.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 12:41 PM
Orange 01 SS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's my car.

It's actually better looking in real life than it is in the picture, but you get the idea. I've already bumped it into a few things and skinned it up a little, but that's what it's for, right? Anyway, it still looks pretty decent. And the paint seems to stick to the body just fine. So anyway, here you go ...

Also, here's the real car that it's supposed to look like ...

Old 05-01-2003, 03:35 PM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Here's my car.

Very nice....was that custom color paint not for Lexan? Good job on makin it pretty realistic,thats what I'm into.Soon I'll be able to post pics of my Eclipse I'm workin on
Old 05-01-2003, 05:07 PM
Orange 01 SS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's my car.

Thanks.

I used regular spray touch-up enamel from the parts counter at the Chevy dealership. I wanted it to match, and my color is pretty hard to find. A lot of people told me it wouldn't work, but after using the car a little, I have decided that's not the case. I made a wrong turn once and clobbered the tire on a real car pretty hard, and it sort of messed the paint up a little underneath, but it isn't cracking off and it isn't really easy to see. It was a hard hit, too--I'm actually suprised it didn't crack the body!