Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Need Some Help On Customizing my Body

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 02:31 AM
altmaster_1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Help On Customizing my Body

I have seen several pictures of RC Bodies with lights in them . I was wondering what i can buy from radioshack to put in my car and what kind of resistors to use on the LEDs. Any help would be Appreciated
Old 05-03-2003, 07:34 PM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted a making lights thread that would be a better place for that question
Old 05-05-2003, 01:43 AM
dagass

Here's some info on lights:

http://www.kedar.itgo.com/tipz.html#LED
Old 05-05-2003, 03:39 PM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That guy's got it right and its a simple system you can easily add more lights to.I'll have 10 or 12 when I'm done and its purpose IS to light up the road.I think he used the Radio Shack blue leds that are 5v and not very bright but would make good foglights.The blue ones I used are very bright and a lighter blue but were $8 each from a local electronics shop,luckily there's only 2 of those. The white ones for the headlights I got from Radio Shack and are $5 each and since I'm gonna use 4 I gotta wait on the other 2 because I thought they were cheaper.I though about putting turn signal amber ones in but they aren't bright enough,I had these layin around so no idea on the cost.For my tails I used 4 clear red ones and they work great but the way I mounted 'em they shoot light all outta the back of the car.I'll try to get pics up soon...have fun
Old 05-05-2003, 07:16 PM
SoCalG35

I've installed a few LED lighting systems now, and found some great LED bargains at www.allelectronics.com. Do a search on "LED". They have lots of choices, and their high intensity LED's are in the $1-$2 range (or less!). Right now I'm fabricating fairly simple aluminum buckets that seem to work well. I'll have to post some pics when I get a chance......... ---- Tom