Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Home Made Decals?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Jerzferno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Home Made Decals?

Anyone do it? Man Ive tried so many different types of stickers, papers, etc. Just cant get the right one? I want to use my ink jet printer.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:25 AM
Nan On Fire

Default RE: Home Made Decals?

just buy a proper a4 sized sheet, get them everywhere,

www.*********.org
Old 04-27-2008, 07:25 AM
Paradoxmaker

Most injet's are not going to give you good results for the simple fact that injet inks are water soluable and the inks don't do well on glossy non porous surfaces like sticker film (they tend to puddle up and smear a lot)..

To make a good decal you would need a printer that uses dye-sublimation ink. Dye sub ink is applied with heat and is a more durable but if your running nitro i have no idea if they would be fuel proof but my guess would be no.... A color laser printer may be an option also.

You should be able to find a good sticker maker on any number of the RC forums though, i use a guy that does it as a side buisness and he's great. Good prices, fast delivery.

http://www.konakustomdecals.com/

This is the last batch i had made
Old 04-27-2008, 01:10 PM
rawvoodoo

I use my inkjet and lexxan picture glue I found you dont need the glossy paper or clearcoat if you are putting it on the inside with the picture glue. I have also tried using clear address labels to make external decals. It works "ok" but you need to trim them pretty close or use them on a lighter color. Also you should spray them with gloss clearcote before you trim them up to set the ink otherwise first drop of water and they spot and smear ad run and all sorts of uglyness