Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Project 27 (Dirt Modified body)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 01:00 AM
AlienModified
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project 27 (Dirt Modified body)

Since I'm on vacation this week, I took a day out to get started, and actually got much further than I anticipated.

There should be a hood scoop, but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it, or for that matter, how I'm going to make it. Otherwise, with a little sanding of the edges, and a quick scuff, it'll be ready for paint. As far as the vinyls are concerned, I talk to the guy on Sunday, and he pretty busy right now. I have the layout sheet already, so I'm thinking about finding a way to do it myself.

I also have to make the bumpers still, but I'm not yet sure where I can attach them. For the rear, I'll probably make a block I can weld it to, and mount it in the place where the wheelie bar is. For the front, well, that's the hard part.

Also, for only the use of this body, I will need to get some stronger shocks with stiffer springs. The weight of the aluminum makes the car squat. I'm debating on just making a straight bar to put on in place of the strut. I won't be running alot with this body, just for show.