Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

District 6 Contest 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 03:16 PM
RC_Pattern_Flyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default District 6 Contest 2012

Trying to get a solid list together for the District.

Just a note... I dont care for the new contest calender on the NSRCA site.

March 31st - Georgetown, Texas Sportsman and Intermediate only clinic and contest.
April 21st, 22nd - Dixie Contest, LA
May 5th,6th- Katy, Texas corrected date
May 19,20- Alb., NM
May 19th,20th- New Berlin, Texas
June 2nd,3rd- Huffman, Texas
June 23/24, Arvada, CO
June 30th-July 1st- Georgetown, Texas
September 22,23- A.b, NM
Oct ????? Dallas, Texas
Oct 20th 21st- Crowley, LA

I know I have not got the NM or CO or OK contests.. I am just unfamiliar with them.

Chuck Hochhalter
Old 01-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Zoli

Default RE: District 6 Contest 2012

The Arvada (CO) Pattern Contest (Colorado Pattern Challenge) will be June 23/24, 2012

Joe P, CD
Old 01-15-2012, 08:05 PM
jgg215

Chuck,

Albuquerque is having two contests. The first is May 19-20 and the second is September 22-23.
I discussed the May date with Brian Clemmons last year in an effort to prevent the east and west halves of the district holding contests on the same date. That discussion seems to have been forgotten.
I have now changed the date of the fall contest from September 29-30 to avoid a local conflict but there does not appear to be any district-wide conflict over either of those dates.

The Arvada, Colorado contest is June 23-24. Joe Pirozzoli is the CD for the Colorado contest.

John Gayer
CD of the Roadrunner Classic in May
Asst CD of the Fall Pattern Challenge in September
Old 01-15-2012, 10:26 PM
pattratt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chuck
To my knowledge the Jetero contest in Huffman has always been on the first weekend in June. I do not think it has changed as Ron and I discussed the date last weekend and it's not changed. It looks like I will be handling the CD for this year as Ron has declined to CD but will be Co CD and help in preparation. Based on your list we need to work out a solution.
Dick
Old 01-17-2012, 08:15 AM
protectedpilot

The conversation was not forgotten, but apparently misunderstood. My direction was that I would suggest, if asked, that Albuquerque be allowed this date. Otherwise, I would hold my words and not mention it. I further stated that AMA rules would prevail as the NSRCA has no jurisdiction in the matter. That being said, Albquq. Is far outside of the AMA exclusion zone. For the good of the District, it would be good forus to make an attempt to support the contest, tho.
ORIGINAL: jgg215

Chuck,

Albuquerque is having two contests. The first is May 19-20 and the second is September 22-23.
I discussed the May date with Brian Clemmons last year in an effort to prevent the east and west halves of the district holding contests on the same date. That discussion seems to have been forgotten.
I have now changed the date of the fall contest from September 29-30 to avoid a local conflict but there does not appear to be any district-wide conflict over either of those dates.

The Arvada, Colorado contest is June 23-24. Joe Pirozzoli is the CD for the Colorado contest.

John Gayer
Old 01-17-2012, 10:10 AM
protectedpilot

Jeepers, one day in office and these guys are lighting me up!! Vbg
ORIGINAL: protectedpilot

The conversation was not forgotten, but apparently misunderstood. My direction was that I would suggest, if asked, that Albuquerque be allowed this date. Otherwise, I would hold my words and not mention it. I further stated that AMA rules would prevail as the NSRCA has no jurisdiction in the matter. That being said, Albquq. Is far outside of the AMA exclusion zone. For the good of the District, it would be good forus to make an attempt to support the contest, tho.

Chuck,

John Gayer
Old 01-17-2012, 05:37 PM
mlr53

Chuck, looking at your dates above; Georgetown June 30 & 31 - June only has 30 days, would it be June 30 and July 1st?
And the dates listed above for Katy Tx  april 20th and may 1st is a Monday and Tuesday.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:28 PM
RC_Pattern_Flyer

I edited katys date, georgetown was correct.

I have been asked to consider a April Contest for a local club in San Antonio?

Thoughts?

Chuck
Old 01-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Fixed Wing

Chuck,

Just letting you know that the dates for the Jetero contestare also the same dates as the Crosby IMAC contest (about 10 miles away). I guess several pilots will have to make a choice where they'll be flying that weekend. Bummer...
Old 01-18-2012, 05:31 AM
flyintexan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Like there is a choice.....

On the other hand, you could drive to each field between rounds leaving a plane all setup at each location....
Old 01-18-2012, 06:03 AM
Fixed Wing

ORIGINAL: flyintexan

Like there is a choice.....

On the other hand, you could drive to each field between rounds leaving a plane all setup at each location....
You're right. I guess the real pilots will be in Crosby.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:07 AM
pattratt

Chuck
We have some issues with in our club and some out of town contestants that will require that we maintain our long standing date of June 2 & 3 for the Jetero contest. I hope this will not be a conflict with new contest to be on the May date. Call me if you need more info.
Dick
Old 01-18-2012, 10:19 AM
RC_Pattern_Flyer

Dick....not at all. I will adjust jetero to their original date and shift new berlin to the may date.

Chuck
Old 01-18-2012, 10:42 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

ORIGINAL: Fixed Wing

Chuck,

Just letting you know that the dates for the Jetero contest are also the same dates as the Crosby IMAC contest (about 10 miles away). I guess several pilots will have to make a choice where they'll be flying that weekend. Bummer...
A few years ago when I was in Del Rio, Nick flew in the IMAC contest, while Ken and I flew pattern. Worked out well as we could ride together. I know more and more are starting to do both, but back then very few if any did, and it worked out well with the long trip from Del Rio,

Arch
Old 01-18-2012, 02:55 PM
mlr53

Chuck, if you put New Berlin on MAY 19th & 20th it conflicts with the Alberque NM contest. Although they are pretty far apart it is in District 6.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:10 PM
pattratt

Hey Chuck
Thanks.
Dick
Old 01-19-2012, 11:30 AM
RC_Pattern_Flyer

I am sorry, I dont understand the conflicrt. Seriously, its 728 miles. That is WAY over the 200 required by AMA. I offer this, if anyone is having to choose between San Antonio and NM, please choose NM.

Thats 12 hours of driving. I dont see how this is a conflict in any way.

Plus, NM is having TWO contests and the Sept date is clear so one could go to the second one.

Chuck Hochhalter
Old 01-19-2012, 11:35 AM
RC_Pattern_Flyer

I dont see how we can avoid not conflicting with IMAC in some cases and unfortunately some will have to decide, but I feel that being in different cities now the choice will be easier.

Chuck
Old 01-19-2012, 07:35 PM
jgg215

Chuck,

Just curious who you are representing in putting this season's District 6 schedule together. Did Brian ask you to do this for NSRCA district 6? Did you just see a need and try to fill it? Interested solely on your own behalf for east Texas contests? I'm just rather confused as you appear to have some authority to move contests around.

Your attitude about contest separation seems to make my point for me. All I have been trying to do is avoid placing contests on the same weekend anywhere in the district. As you correctly point out, the west end of the district cannot draw from the east or vice versa if the contests are on the same weekend. That is exactly why I would like to keep all contests in district on different weekends if at all possible. There may be flyers who, for a variety of reasons, cannot make it to a contest that is reasonably local on a given weekend. A few of them might make it to a contest that is a lot further away on a different weekend that they do have free. So the issue is not 200 versus 700 miles but rather keeping a maximum number of contest possibilities open for all flyers in the district. I am well aware there are local club and regional considerations that preclude usage of various dates that could end up forcing multiple contests into the same weekends but in my opinion you are not considering the entire district in your scheduling nor are you attempting to resolve conflicts that are outside your specific area of interest.

The AMA separation is not relevant to this discussion of district wide contests but it is 300 miles not 200 plus some unspecified consideration for low population areas.

I know I've driven far more than 700 miles to attend a pattern contest a number of times and I'm not alone in this. I ran into Earl Haury at the Phoenix contest last February. I drove about 450 miles and I expect Earl drove over 1000(one way) to attend a local contest in Arizona. So please, let's work this out for the benefit of everyone in the entire district.

John Gayer
AMA75102
NSRCA632
Old 01-20-2012, 03:37 AM
RC_Pattern_Flyer

I have not moved any contests. Jetero had been deciding about moving and decided to stay in june.
I posted the schedule as I have been asked to cd events by local clubs and dates needed to be decided upon.

I have not heard any one else but dean mention he had a conflict. Let the district speak.

Chuck

Brian clemmons had nothing to do with me trying to figure when contests were being held.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:06 AM
jgg215

Chuck,
Your thread title and some of your posts indicated(at least to me) that you were trying to work with the entire district.
A great deal of confusion could have been avoided with upfront clarification of your intent.
John
Old 01-20-2012, 04:24 PM
RC_Pattern_Flyer

Hmmm....i stated the nsrca site contest schedule sucks.

The CD sets the dates and the dates I posted were provided to me by them or others who knew.

I merely.tried to share the contests that affect my locale and try to get two new contests.

Chuck
Old 01-20-2012, 07:08 PM
pattratt

John
Chuck and his wife Leslie are very respected and active participants in all of our central, southern Tx and La contests. I find your post on 1-19 very insulting toward what Chuck is trying to voluntarily provide as a service to the rest of us in our part of the district. I would suggest if you really want any participation by flyers in our locale that you change the "tone" of your posts on this subject. I personally would not drive 700 miles on a 3 day weekend much less a 2 day weekend. I suggest that I am not alone in this observation as most I know feel the same way that San Antonio, Austin area, and Dallas area are not in conflict with your contests.
Dick Mundee
Old 01-20-2012, 08:39 PM
protectedpilot

Whoa! Let's stop this here. Brian Clemmons is well able to stop someone speaking for him if he chooses, he does not need a protector. I appreciate the help anyone lends to the sport, ESPECIALLY if they just jump right in. Chuck is well within his rights to exercise his AMA guidelines and has done so. Chuck is trying to establish a new contest in an area that is not currently a pattern hotbed. Think of it as westward expansion which leads to connecting east District 6 with west District 6. This could well be, ultimately, very good for Albuguerque, John. More pattern pilots west of Houston is a good thing for all of us, and San Antonio is a large and well populated area which could easily sustain a pattern community. Great job, Chuck. I think a minor conflict is worth the effort, here. As for the rest of us in D6, let's keep these two clubs in mind, try to support them if possible!

Brian Clemmons

Chuck,

Just curious who you are representing in putting this season's District 6 schedule together. Did Brian ask you to do this for NSRCA district 6? Did you just see a need and try to fill it? Interested solely on your own behalf for east Texas contests? I'm just rather confused as you appear to have some authority to move contests around.

Your attitude about contest separation seems to make my point for me. All I have been trying to do is avoid placing contests on the same weekend anywhere in the district. As you correctly point out, the west end of the district cannot draw from the east or vice versa if the contests are on the same weekend. That is exactly why I would like to keep all contests in district on different weekends if at all possible. There may be flyers who, for a variety of reasons, cannot make it to a contest that is reasonably local on a given weekend. A few of them might make it to a contest that is a lot further away on a different weekend that they do have free. So the issue is not 200 versus 700 miles but rather keeping a maximum number of contest possibilities open for all flyers in the district. I am well aware there are local club and regional considerations that preclude usage of various dates that could end up forcing multiple contests into the same weekends but in my opinion you are not considering the entire district in your scheduling nor are you attempting to resolve conflicts that are outside your specific area of interest.

The AMA separation is not relevant to this discussion of district wide contests but it is 300 miles not 200 plus some unspecified consideration for low population areas.

I know I've driven far more than 700 miles to attend a pattern contest a number of times and I'm not alone in this. I ran into Earl Haury at the Phoenix contest last February. I drove about 450 miles and I expect Earl drove over 1000(one way) to attend a local contest in Arizona. So please, let's work this out for the benefit of everyone in the entire district.

John Gayer
AMA 75102
NSRCA 632
Old 03-25-2012, 10:13 AM
rcprecision
My Feedback: (6)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Couple of questions regarding the D6 calendar:
- is the Dixie (Baton Rouge) event on for April 21, 22?
- will there be an event in the San Antonio area thi year? If yes what are the dates?

Brian Clemmnos - how do I add an event to the NSRCA calendar and or D6 web site?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.