Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Removeable Stab for Valiant

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 08:56 AM
jkruger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removeable Stab for Valiant

Is there any advantage to building a Valiant with a removeable horizontal stab other than ease of transport? I am thinking that I can use the stab tube with some epoxy and some epoxy at the fuse joint.
Thanks
John Kruger
Old 07-28-2012, 11:39 AM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Removeable Stab for Valiant

I think it is adjustable more than removeable, you would have to readjust if you removed it all the time
Old 07-31-2012, 12:19 PM
cartercg

Hi, the stab on the valiant is not adjustable, so permanently fixing it is fine if you never plan to remove it again. Tapping the carbon rod to make it removable is a very simple task, so I would not glue it in. If there is any play between the carbon rods and stab tubes you can build up the rods with some CA. That results in a tight fit with no play, yet can be removed if the need ever arises.

Regards
Clint
Old 07-31-2012, 12:42 PM
jkruger

Thanks. Guess I have dtwo concerns. Putting the hard point in for the screws and vibration on the stab. Seems I can solve both problems with permanent mounting. Understand the advantages of removable but just don't see when I'd be removing it.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:29 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Sounds like the Valiant and the Integral share the same method for attaching the stab. I have been researching this for my Integral and have not found any issues. You can see a great example of how to do this in Isaac Najary's build thread, either the (Osmose?) or the Xigris, I forget which one.

If you ever want to replace wires, or make repairs, having the stab removable is helpful. I like to rely on mechanical joints rather than adhesives in critical areas.