Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

New life to older f3A planes.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 07:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New life to older f3A planes.

Hi,
Thought it could be interseting to share some experience about modifications about our older F3A planes; bringing them back to the F3A scene.
I needed an practice/experiment plane, and since my Impact was not longer in use, and the relatively low market value for it, i decided to give it a new life instead of buying a complete new plane.

In the pic, you can see the Impact (carf) going through some mod's, hopefully, bringing it to my liking. :-).

Kjell Olav
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36315.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	1822028  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:13 AM
JAS
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New life to older f3A planes.

Kind of an Impagral... or Intpact. While I still have an Impact, I won't be doing these mods to it, but I am interested to see how it turns out.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New life to older f3A planes.

Hi jason,

Your right, the fuselage is now a close copy of an Integral. I have fit an spare Integral canopy, and the side area is almost identical in size and shape. The top of fuselage is more narrow than the Integral, so the profile-contour follow the old impact shape.
The old reinforcement in the fuselage (most of it) has been removed, and incorporated in the new structure to save weight.

The ailerons are center hinged, and trailing edges on all control-surfaces are thickened ( previous done ).

I have two Integrals that i am really happy with, and they will still be used the following seasons. The Intension for the ''impact'' is P-schedule practise and experimental ''off-season''.

In fact it has already been throuh 4 different power setups; ( OS 140, YS 140L, YS 160, HACKER COMP C50).

Kjell Olav