Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Building motor mount box on Monolog 70

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Building motor mount box on Monolog 70

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 11:11 AM
learn2turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building motor mount box on Monolog 70

I've been reading both the manual (pictures with simple captions) and trim instructions (very very bad translation from Korean or Chinese to English) for the Monolog 70.

The trim instructions say to build 1.5* of up thrust with wire gear and 0* up thrust with composite gear. Doesn't mention side thrust.

The manual says 2* or 3* of right thrust depending on motor and doesn't mentioned up/down.

I'm trying to decide how to build the box. I'll probably keep the crappy composite gear it came with (with slight modifications) or maybe upgrade to better carbon gear.

I could just build the box square and then trim with spacers as needed depend on how it flies.

Or I could start by building the box with 2* right and then trim as needed.

Thoughts?
Old 10-02-2013, 11:16 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A safe way to do it with his airplanes is mount the cowl and make the motor line up with the cowl ring. You will notice the cowl has the thrust built in.

Arch
Old 10-02-2013, 12:40 PM
learn2turn

Originally Posted by rcpattern
A safe way to do it with his airplanes is mount the cowl and make the motor line up with the cowl ring. You will notice the cowl has the thrust built in.

Arch
I'll dry fit everything first and check it out but I would suspect this design is not that sophisticated. It's only a $175 airframe.

-l2t
Old 10-03-2013, 09:30 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a team BJ Craft guy, I can assure you that it is. All of his stuff is done to fly well from the start. I've flown 2 of those and they both fly great just lined up with the cowl. His attention to detail is present in every design, from the smallest to the largest.

Arch
Old 10-18-2013, 06:58 AM
learn2turn

I dry-fit the motor box on my 70 last night. The laser-cut parts key together really well. It looks like the side and up thrust are built in so I'm not going to modify it in any way. I'll leave it like as built. If after flying it needs trim I'll shim it but I suspect from what I've heard about the design, it should be pretty good as built.

-Ken aka l2t