Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

D7 guys please read

Old 11-01-2013, 08:28 PM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D7 guys please read

This is a bit of a stretch, but we are looking at getting some F3P contests going out here on the west coast. We keep running into difficulties finding a place to do it. So I am asking that if you know someone who has a hanger with a 6.5m ceiling height minimum, to please ask them if they are willing to donate it for a weekend here of there for a contest.

I think we will attract Imac guys and others maybe. There are lots of different ideas, but we could easily get 40 or more pilots I think in time. Maybe turn into a West Coast F3P nationals or something similar. Hopefully with that we could pay for the hanger and what not. The idea is that we want to eventually get into some type of national F3P team. But you have to have contests in order to qualify a team.

As I said, I know I am stretching here, but maybe someone on here knows someone. So I figured it may be the best place to ask. Reply or PM. I will contact anyone if you have some ideas.

Thanks!

Chris
Old 11-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Derek.Koopowitz

Chris,

We (Adrian and I) fly at a church gym indoors in Concord that I think has more than enough room to do F3P... availability is only on the 3rd Friday of each month but I will need to find out if we can get usage for a day (Sat.) for instance.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

We have a space down here in San Diego that would be INCREDIBLE for F3P, but you'd need to talk to the local club that manages access. I don't know if weekends are possible.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:43 PM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

Hey Derek,

Any chance I can come out and fly with you and Adrian next time to I can check it out?

Any contact info from you or from you Doug if possible, would be immediately followed up by me.

I am also thinking I may contact the Ontario Convention center and find out what they have and how much it will cost. Maybe we will make it a 4 day contest if it's something like that, and make it a west coast ETOC along with F3P.

All I know is if we don't step up as a team, it will never happen out here. There has to be contacts that someone, or a few know where I can at least call and ask. If I get shot down, that's ok. It's all about the one or 2 that say yes. Not about the 100 that say no.

Thx!

C
Old 11-05-2013, 03:15 PM
dreadnaut
My Feedback: (5)

http://goo.gl/maps/wMpUV

These were (still are?) used for indoor FF for years. Built in 1940's to house navy blimps. Were going to be torn down but are now registered historic. (I think they are the largest wooden structures in the U.S.) There is talk of getting Goodyear to move into one of them to help cover costs. I believe there were (still are?) sisters to them in Alameda for you northerners.

Last edited by dreadnaut; 11-05-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:53 AM
Derek.Koopowitz

Originally Posted by patternflyer1 View Post
Hey Derek,

Any chance I can come out and fly with you and Adrian next time to I can check it out?

Any contact info from you or from you Doug if possible, would be immediately followed up by me.

I am also thinking I may contact the Ontario Convention center and find out what they have and how much it will cost. Maybe we will make it a 4 day contest if it's something like that, and make it a west coast ETOC along with F3P.

All I know is if we don't step up as a team, it will never happen out here. There has to be contacts that someone, or a few know where I can at least call and ask. If I get shot down, that's ok. It's all about the one or 2 that say yes. Not about the 100 that say no.

Thx!

C
The next Friday flying is November 15th, I believe. I'll send you details via email...
Old 11-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

We have a HUGE gym down here that our local electric club uses. I don't know about using it for contests, but I'd sure like to get some F3P going out here in the west as well. Nov 22nd is the next indoor night.