Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

3rd Annual Bakersfield/Arvin Pattern Bash

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

3rd Annual Bakersfield/Arvin Pattern Bash

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3rd Annual Bakersfield/Arvin Pattern Bash

Wow, I can't believe its almost that time of year again. Where does the time go? Anyhow, this years Bash is going to have all the same things that have worked well at the first two, plus some new things that will hopefully spice it up on Sunday.

As far as the facility goes Leon and the guys have really stepped up to the plate and extended the runway another 150 feet to the east. All the old tables have been removed and replaced with the nice metal ones and I believe another line of power in is next on the list. We have added another flight station to the west as well as extending he grass on that side. We have even marked out a box at a slight angle just in case we need to start FAI early Sunday morning. We are shooting for 70 entrants this year and I believe it is going to happen.

Check this out. I just got off the phone with Mike Mueller (The new owner of F3A Unlimited) and he and Bobby Satalino are making the trek out towing the trailer and bringing the store with them. How cool is that going to be. Brian Herbert and Brian Clemons are coming back and I have even heard a rumor that Brian C is going to fly this year. I have also been in contact John Gayer as well as Gordon Anderson and from what I understand there is a pretty good group coming from each area. Not to mention Robert Green, George Asteris, and it wouldn't be a Bash without Mike and Jessica . Well Jessica anyway.

I am working on getting some little bind and fly, flying wings for the after hours fun this year and instead of racing we are going to do combat. These are supposed to have some way to fire an invisible shot that will disable the motor for a few seconds on your opponents plane. I have seen this before and its a blast not to mention we can put them all in the air at one time and we don't need a bunch of workers to help run it.

That will take place Sat. evening before the dinner and show. As in the past Saturdays meal Is taken care of for all the contestants and please make sure to thank Mike and Jessica for that. Now for the show part. That's right our good friend Jamie Schoolcraft is working up a magic show for us that will be worth coming to see in itself. He did it last year on the fly and we have been talking about it ever since. I promise this is something to be seen as he is truly amazing to watch. All the meals will be catered by the same people that have been taking care of us for the past couple years. Fri. lunch will be from the Taco Bar, Saturday will be Pizza and Sunday will be Chicken. We will have some donuts and coffee in the mornings as well.

Noontime Demos: This year we are going to have Kyle Dahl tearing it up each day and then I do believe we will have our very own airshow on Saturday and Sunday with a full scale Extra 300. It is not 100% yet as we still need to get the waivers from the FAA however we do have all the right people working on it and they say it won't be a problem.

Classic will be run as a separate contest and in order to keep things interesting we now have two maneuver lists that people can choose from. One list will be comprised of all the maneuvers that were used in the lower classes that are non k-factor and then the other list is the same one we have been using for Expert and Masters. Also in the interest of time we are going to shorten the patterns up to 10 maneuvers plus take-off and landing instead of 12 like it has been in the past. This helps to balance out the time per flight and will keep things moving a little faster. (The lists of maneuvers will be published shortly)

This year Old School will fly Fri. and Sat. 2 rounds per day. We have also added 2 new Maneuvers to each k-factor in order to help keep things interesting. The new ones will be similar in style to what we flew back then. Example: Reverse Knife Edge (Inverted Entry and Exit) similar but different. This is going to help keep it interesting.

Sportsman and Intermediate will fly on Saturday and Sunday, and I am waiting for some feedback before the exact format will be announced.

It is also my understanding that we will not be splitting masters into 2 separate classes flying the same sequence as we did last year. Instead we are offering guys the option to fly just the FAI P sequence as its own class. I am ok with trying this but if we get close to the event and one class has 15 guys and the other only 5 we are going to have to go back to the way we did it last year. I have been assured that won't be the case.

Sunday will be a finals day for Advanced, Masters, FAI P, and FAI. I am thinking we will take 50% of each class or 7 guys into the finals which ever number is greatest. The final format hasn't been decided on yet but it will be designed to keep things interesting until the end. (More in the near future)

Once again the Hampton is going to be our host hotel and provide us with discounted rates like last year and I will add that info shortly. John Bruml is taking care of all the shirts and we will be raffling off another full blown Pattern plane with all proceeds going to Make a Wish Foundation. Same deal as last time only 100 tickets will be sold.

Other then those few things its going to be just like every other pattern contest. We look forward to having you guys here and will do our best to make you all feel at home.

Arvin/Bakersfield
Apr.24th-26th
Fri. Advanced, Masters, FAI P, FAI and Old School will all fly 2 rounds
Sat. All Classes
Sun. All Classes - Minus Old School

More later

C
Old 01-03-2014, 08:34 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds great Chip. I can't wait.

I'm starting to plan for Riverside as well. Looks like another big April for pattern in CA!!!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:28 PM
rgreen24
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to coming out again!!! Had so much fun last year! Good to see some other D5'ers going
Old 01-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Malydilnar
My Feedback: (1)

My dad and I are gonna try and come down from D8
Old 01-04-2014, 07:51 PM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

We're looking forward to coming Chip. Thanks for inviting us.
Mike Mueller
New Owner of F3AUnlimited.com
Old 01-05-2014, 01:50 AM
Passport1

Anytime Mike I think its great what you are doing for pattern and I am sure the guys will be happy to see you. Its really hard for most us to get to the nats from out here so it will be a new experience for many which is great. Plus everyone being at the same site and not spread out should keep you busy lol. BTW can you text me Bobby's # when you get a chance.

TTYS

C
Old 01-05-2014, 09:46 AM
jarvis johnson
My Feedback: (15)

Hey Chip, I will there, this time on Friday.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:56 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Originally Posted by rgreen24
Looking forward to coming out again!!! Had so much fun last year! Good to see some other D5'ers going
You could tag along Robert
Old 01-06-2014, 08:09 AM
rgreen24
My Feedback: (6)

I Could
Old 01-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Passport1

Jarvis you don't know just how happy you made me.

C
Old 01-07-2014, 10:43 PM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

Will be there again. If I have my new plane by then I will fly fai p for sure.

Thanks for the hard work on this Chip!

Chris
Old 01-16-2014, 04:51 AM
Passport1

Will repost later
C
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30556.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	1958259  

Last edited by Passport1; 01-16-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:58 AM
Passport1

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30556.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	1958260  
Old 02-20-2014, 07:29 AM
Passport1

I decided to seperatet the Classic portion of the event and have posted the rules in that forum. I will suggest to check it out just to see the cool Prize someone is going to win.

Now its time to publish the format for Sunday for all classes. I have been thinking about several different ways in order to help change Sunday from basically a continuation day to a finals day and I think we have it . We will be taking the top 50% or 7 pilots which ever is greater from each class into the finals on Sunday. At that point everyone will have there top 3 Scores Normalized to Perfect and will be given a perscent of perfect which will be equal to 1 of the finals flights. Then 2 Finals rounds will be flown in each class and the winner will be decided from the best 2 out of 3 rounds for each pilot. With this system everyone will still have a chance to win come Sunday Morning however the people that were the best to that point will have the advantage.

FAI will fly
2 P15's on Fri.
2 P15's on Sat.
2 F15's on Sun.

P-15 Class will Fly
2 P15's on Fri.
2 P15's on Sat.
2 215's on Sun

Masters will Fly
2 Master's Sequences Friday
2 Master's Sequences Sat.
2 Master's/Semi Unknown Sequences Sun.

Advanced Will Fly
2 Advanced Sequences Fri.
2 Advanced Sequences Sat.
2 Advanced/Semi Unknowns Sequences Sunday

Intermediate, Sportsman, and Pre-Novice 6 rounds as well.

Please do not get to excited about the UNKNOWN portion for Masters and Advanced. We have come up with a system thats really neat. I have already spoken with many of you about this and so far everyone is on board and very excited about it.

I will post examples of the pattens in the next few days.

Chip

Old 02-20-2014, 08:41 AM
flyncajun

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Chip ,
I`m sorry I can`t make it this year,But I plan to be there next year.
As far as the unknowns for Masters and Advance I think it`s Great!
Chuck Hochalter has been doing this for some time at his contest in Texas ,all the way down to sportsman! They love it! It`s really a blast to watch and fly.

I look forward to the contest reports.

Bryan
Old 03-02-2014, 06:16 AM
Passport1

Bryan I understand and we look forward to seeing you in 2015. Pete Collinson has already replaced you lol.

Now back to business. I have already explained the format for Sunday and now I will explain the Unknown part. Intermidiate,Advanced, and Masters.

Intermediate the Unknown will only be the 1st and Last Maneuver. The rest of the pattern will be exactly the same. They will be similar in type to the Known Maneuvers they are replacing.

Advanced the Unknown will only be the First 2 and Last 2 Maneuvers The rest of the pattern will be exactly the same. They will be similar in type to the Known Maneuvers they are replacing.

Masters the Unknown will only be the First 3 and Last 3 Maneuvers The rest of the pattern will be exactly the same. They will be similar in type to the Known Maneuvers they are replacing.

If there is anyone that needs a little coaching or someone to call for them during these rounds just see me and I will pair you up with an experienced unknown caller. We will draw for flight order sat. night and then invert it for round 2. If there are any questions or concerns either post them here or PM me.

Thanks

C

I
Old 03-07-2014, 11:46 PM
Passport1

At first my thought was to not do the unknown for the P-15 class, but after several requests we have decided to do it the same as Masters. We will be substituting out the first 3 and last 3 Maneuvers The rest of the pattern will be exactly the same. They will be similar in type to the Known Maneuvers they are replacing.

So now the unknowns will be flown in the following classes
Intermediate
Advanced
Masters
and P-15

Any questions please dont hesitate to o get a hold of me
Thanks

Chip
Old 03-09-2014, 10:44 PM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

I'd rather see complete unknowns from Masters and up, unless that's what intermediate and advanced want also. To me, if we are just going to fly the first three and last three different than normal, then I would rather just fly those 6 maneuvers as the unknown. I guess it's time to move up soon. lol

Chris
Old 03-10-2014, 08:08 AM
Surefire

Chris - It's called FAI and it's calling your name
Old 03-10-2014, 08:23 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Surefire
Chris - It's called FAI and it's calling your name
Now that's how you get someone the heck outta your class! How are things Jon?
Old 03-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Surefire

Hey, I certainly can't fly better than him so i gotta think of something!

Things are going well. Hope all is well with you!

Thanks,
Old 03-26-2014, 06:50 AM
Surefire

Hey guys - Looks like Chip has arranged for a group rate at the Hampton Inn & Suites like he did last year. He has some computer issues so here is the information

Hampton Inn & Suites
7941 East Brundage Lane
Bakersfield, CA 93307
Phone 1-661-321-9424

Group Name: Bear Mountain Flyers Bash
Group Code: BAS
Check in: 24-APR-2014
Check out: 27-APR-2014
Old 03-26-2014, 05:19 PM
Gordon Anderson

Here is a link that will take you to the Hampton Inn & Suites registration page for the Bear Mountain Flyers Bash, http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/g...24/index.jhtml

--Gordon
Old 03-28-2014, 02:09 PM
Gordon Anderson

All,

Please register for the contest. You will find a registration link on the NSRCA D7 contest schedule page, here is the link: http://nsrca.us/index.php/d7-contest-schedule/2014

Please visit this page for detailed information about the contest, http://nsrca.us/index.php/d7-contest-schedule/2014/604

If your planning on flying classic 30K or 42K please follow the instruction on the information page and provide your sequences to me.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you at the contest!

--Gordon
Old 04-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Derek.Koopowitz

We've updated the Classic class options to include the 30K and 40K classes... if you are planning on flying in these classes then please update your registration on the NSRCA website. We've also included a SHIRT size field - please select your correct shirt size as well.

http://nsrca.us/index.php/d7-contest-schedule/2014/604

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.