Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

myRCcaller - FREE pattern sequence caller

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

myRCcaller - FREE pattern sequence caller

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 06:05 PM
mharris_ny
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default myRCcaller - FREE pattern sequence caller

As we all start thinking about the 2014 flying season and practicing our sequences, I would like to let everyone know about a sequence caller tool I developed and used last season. I tried using a smart phone app and then a micro processor based "triggered " approach to a caller. The smart phone app was not reliable and the external smart "switch " was complicated, cumbersome, and distracting while flying.

So I developed a phone based caller. I use my cell phone (smart phone or regular cell phone) with a Bluetooth hands free headset and simply call a phone number. All the logic, code, and processing occurs on a voice processing server. For setup, I log into a website with anything that has a browser and create my personal sequences with maneuvers (and personal reminders like "switch to high rates "). It's easy to use and device independent. It doesn't require anything except cell service where I fly and let's me concentrate on flying...I just say "Next " and the app announces the next maneuver to me. (For any one who does not have cell service where they fly - check out a smart phone, switch based caller at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-p...droid-too.html )

Currently there are templates set up for: AMA 401 Sportsman, AMA 402 Intermediate, AMA 403 Advanced, AMA 404 Masters. F3P Sportsman, F3P Intermediate, CPA Pre Novice, CPA Novice, CPA Advanced, CPA Expert, IMAC Sportsman, IMAC Basic, IMAC Intermediate, IMAC Advanced, SPA B Novice, SPA Novice, SPA Sportsman, SPA Advanced, and SPA Expert

If you are interested in trying this tool, I have created a website called myrccaller.com where you can try it for free. My goal is to help promote pattern / aerobatic flying - so despite my costs for the development, per call time minute charges, server hosting, domain name, etc, the Sportsman 401 sequence is free. If the Aerobatic community finds value in this, the other sequences are fee based to cover my costs. I will continue to add features to it based on user feedback.

I invite everyone to visit myrccaller.com for more details, try it, and let me know what you think. Right now it is available in English only ... but other languages can be added if others around the world are interested in using the app.