Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

JR 28X price

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 02:44 PM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 28X price

In case you haven't heard,

The street price (drum roll please) is finalized at $2699.99, and this will include the 28X transmitter, custom 28X only case, and 1 RG031BX Infinity receiver.

Get your back order in.......

Buy 2!

Chris
Old 05-08-2014, 08:19 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or 2 dozen...

I really don't get this continuous everbiggerisbetter deal that's been going on with radios lately. How many really need more than 8-10 channels in a computer radio. The last 4-6 channels are only to simplify set-up and a little more mixing.Cheese wheez enough already...
Old 05-08-2014, 02:22 PM
JAS
My Feedback: (2)

In the pattern world (strictly for pattern planes), probably none of us. But in other aspects of this hobby, there's a fairly large number (Scale comes to mind as top billing for this and 18MZ).
Here's what we're working on at J'TEC/Radiowave for the Joe-Nall, a 52% Pitts 12 (the rudder is turn in the front to clear the center consol of the van). All 8 aileron servos are on their own channels (1-8) and the throttle and rudder (11 & 12) too. Had to use MSA-10 servo matchers for the dual elevator servos (9 & 10) per stab half as I was 2 channels short on my 14MZ, and that's with the choke on Ch-13 which is just on-off. If I had an 18 then everything would have been in it's own channel in the Rx's, but the 14 does everything I need in any of my planes, so I haven't upgraded.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	NALL Bound.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1993592  
Old 05-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

As a 12X owner, you surely know that it's more than just channel count, Matt. The gimbals and programming are what makes this a draw for a pattern flyer.

There are going to be some extra goodies with the 28X that will be worth the investment as well. It's a sweet radio for sure! I've been messing with it all week!
Old 05-08-2014, 08:22 PM
riot3d

Originally Posted by MTK
Or 2 dozen...

I really don't get this continuous everbiggerisbetter deal that's been going on with radios lately. How many really need more than 8-10 channels in a computer radio. The last 4-6 channels are only to simplify set-up and a little more mixing.Cheese wheez enough already...
As quoted from Spinal Tap's Nigel Tufnel - "These go to eleven ..." ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc

Adrian
Old 05-08-2014, 09:21 PM
OhD

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JAS
In the pattern world (strictly for pattern planes), probably none of us. But in other aspects of this hobby, there's a fairly large number (Scale comes to mind as top billing for this and 18MZ).
Here's what we're working on at J'TEC/Radiowave for the Joe-Nall, a 52% Pitts 12 (the rudder is turn in the front to clear the center consol of the van). All 8 aileron servos are on their own channels (1-8) and the throttle and rudder (11 & 12) too. Had to use MSA-10 servo matchers for the dual elevator servos (9 & 10) per stab half as I was 2 channels short on my 14MZ, and that's with the choke on Ch-13 which is just on-off. If I had an 18 then everything would have been in it's own channel in the Rx's, but the 14 does everything I need in any of my planes, so I haven't upgraded.
Yes, but do you have a nine point servo balancer on all channels? Check out the Jeti Duplex. Maybe next year it will be an eleven point Adrian.

Jim O
Old 05-08-2014, 10:12 PM
riot3d

Originally Posted by OhD
Yes, but do you have a nine point servo balancer on all channels? Check out the Jeti Duplex. Maybe next year it will be an eleven point Adrian.

Jim O
That's ok Jim, as long as it still require my digits to fly the planes, I guess any radio will do. In that case, I think I should resurrect my dad's old faithful ...

Adrian

Name:	IMG_2024.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1993708  
Old 05-09-2014, 04:01 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Honestly speaking, when people say who needs 28 or 50 or whatever channels.... it is not about the number of channels per se, it is the software power that comes with a radio with those capabilities, of course, for the regular guy who still uses D/R instead of conditions, ATV, EXP and reverse, this radios will seem not necessary, for those who know and enjoy programming and trying to make new functions , this is what is all about. Also, having a nice flagship radio to play with and to fly, to me is part of the sport, and I enjoy it as much as my planes.

Who will release a flagship radio with powerful software but in 9 channels??????

The rivalry between brands can only come out with new and more spectacular products, if I would not have changed from the 12X to the 18MZ I will be getting one no doubt.

For those who get on the 28X, please post some info once you guys use it if possible.

Regards

Alejandro
Old 05-09-2014, 07:52 AM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Hey Jim, maybe you can help me. I'm having trouble adjusting the point mix in my latest radio. Can you tell me where the screen is and how do I get in to it?

Name:	S4021690.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	595.7 KB
ID:	1993767  
Old 05-09-2014, 03:35 PM
OhD

Originally Posted by TonyF
Hey Jim, maybe you can help me. I'm having trouble adjusting the point mix in my latest radio. Can you tell me where the screen is and how do I get in to it?
Wow, what a clean looking transmitter. It even has a switch for retracts. None of that other cheating stuff like dual rates and mixing on Adrian's Kraft Signature (or did mixing come later?). How did that stuff ever get approved by the purist rules police that don't want the pilots to have any assists to make model flying better and therefore more fun?

Jim O
Old 05-09-2014, 04:28 PM
TonyF

Well, it does have several advanced features. When I move the stick a lot the servo moves a lot. And when I move the stick a little the servo moves just a little. I'm not sure what the little tabs are supposed to do. When I move them the servo moves off center. Why would I want that? But the O-N-O-F-F switch is really cool!
Old 05-09-2014, 05:33 PM
woodie

Well, there must be something wrong with my transmitter, when I move a 'stick', the servo goes all the way at a terrifically slow pace then returns at the same speed, not bothered by any of that 'partial' movement tho. Full transit time can be measured using a sundial. And none of the troublesome trim things to clutter up the transmitter either.

Woodie

Name:	ControlAire.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	1993950  
Old 05-09-2014, 05:42 PM
TonyF

Yea, you have a spot marked trim that doesn't even have a switch! I hear those kind of radios were especially good for those with nervous fingers. In fact, the more nervous the better!
Old 05-10-2014, 07:42 PM
OhD

Originally Posted by woodie
Well, there must be something wrong with my transmitter, when I move a 'stick', the servo goes all the way at a terrifically slow pace then returns at the same speed, not bothered by any of that 'partial' movement tho. Full transit time can be measured using a sundial. And none of the troublesome trim things to clutter up the transmitter either.

Woodie
Nice Butch Plugs Don.

Jim O
Old 05-10-2014, 10:47 PM
MTK

Originally Posted by Ryan Smith
As a 12X owner, you surely know that it's more than just channel count, Matt. The gimbals and programming are what makes this a draw for a pattern flyer.

There are going to be some extra goodies with the 28X that will be worth the investment as well. It's a sweet radio for sure! I've been messing with it all week!
I get it!!. I just don't buy it and never will!! For Pattern that is. To me, it's all about simpler is better. Yup I have a 12X and must admit that I really like the look of the new 14 ch (CRS on the letters)

And for Jazz, well maybe this sucker belongs in the Scale Forum?

On the other hand, IF I'm sitting the chair and someone shows up with one, and it is telling me all the upcoming maneuvers. then that's worth 2 points at least

Last edited by MTK; 05-10-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:02 PM
tele1974

Taranis.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:58 AM
pvogel

Originally Posted by MTK
I get it!!. I just don't buy it and never will!! For Pattern that is. To me, it's all about simpler is better. Yup I have a 12X and must admit that I really like the look of the new 14 ch (CRS on the letters)

And for Jazz, well maybe this sucker belongs in the Scale Forum?

On the other hand, IF I'm sitting the chair and someone shows up with one, and it is telling me all the upcoming maneuvers. then that's worth 2 points at least
Your wish is my command!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-rKkBkrP6c Peter+
Old 05-20-2014, 04:04 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Originally Posted by tele1974
Taranis.
Hardly a comparison.