Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

2014 Pattern Bash at Bear Mountain Flyers Show walk around video!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

2014 Pattern Bash at Bear Mountain Flyers Show walk around video!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 01:05 PM
volcomSNOWs2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Pattern Bash at Bear Mountain Flyers Show walk around video!

I had a TON of video coverage and cutting it to under 10 minutes was near impossible! More coverage to come! This was a great event and hope you all enjoy the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8mNrX1FYOY&list=UU_r5C9Y5a4ijXotyKhZqBrA
Old 06-24-2014, 10:41 PM
papaone

Received 130 Likes on 72 Posts

Hello

Excellent, I love it
Old 06-26-2014, 03:39 PM
pvogel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love it!

I've often thought that one of the things that would bring more interest to pattern is if there were some commentary (technical and color) to go along with the video of the flying itself. You have some *excellent* video there of Santiago's flying and Chip's old-school flying, I think it would be real interesting to add technical commentary, at least, to the flights -- to explain what the maneuver is, the key elements of it and what the judges are looking for -- much like you see in Olympics Gymnastics and Figure Skating competitions, which tend to have the highest rating even though, if you watch with the commentary off it's worse than watching paint dry (unless you know the technical requirements very well), much like people say about this branch of the hobby!

Peter+
Old 06-27-2014, 05:56 AM
volcomSNOWs2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pvogel
Love it!

I've often thought that one of the things that would bring more interest to pattern is if there were some commentary (technical and color) to go along with the video of the flying itself. You have some *excellent* video there of Santiago's flying and Chip's old-school flying, I think it would be real interesting to add technical commentary, at least, to the flights -- to explain what the maneuver is, the key elements of it and what the judges are looking for -- much like you see in Olympics Gymnastics and Figure Skating competitions, which tend to have the highest rating even though, if you watch with the commentary off it's worse than watching paint dry (unless you know the technical requirements very well), much like people say about this branch of the hobby!

Peter+
Hi Peter,

I'm with you there in what you said above! I had so much footage from just Saturday, it was very difficult for me to cut a video to under 10 minutes. Granted a video can be much longer but the viewer tends to loose there attention span. I have more footage to edit a few more videos. I totally agree with you in producing a video where we can interview the pilots, add more flying while explaining the technical side of F3A. Kind of like a commentary and have areas where we can interview judges and have explained what a judge looks for in a maneuver. I will for sure put that on my video list and hopefully at another event, I can have a video mentioned, produced. Thanks for the ideas and glad you like the video!

Regards,

Pete
Old 06-27-2014, 02:31 PM
pvogel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't thinking about making it longer, just adding voiceover to the parts where it's silent (like Santiago's flight) or just the sound of a loud/low/fast old-school pattern ship (like Chips' flight) to indicate the maneuver they are doing and the key elements of that maneuver.

Peter+