Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Condor pattern plane?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 08:19 AM
impactiq
My Feedback: (57)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Condor pattern plane?

A while back I seen a pattern plane flown that was called a "Condor". If my memory serves me right, the gentleman said is was a Canadian(?) design. Does anyone know of this plane and where/who made it? It is a sharp looking plane and it flew pretty well. Where can I get one?(if still available)
Old 05-07-2011, 12:58 PM
ronaldjnadeau
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Condor pattern plane?

Condor, also Nicknamed the Whale, I have one .. New!! I got luckey at a swap meet/auction.. There were only about 60 of them , All hand made. (Dont have the Plans,} and its an ausome design. flys on a rail and does exactly what its told. Made early to mid 80s (I was told). Forget about finding one. There is probably about 10 in existance now. Composit Fuse and Foam core sheeted Wing and stab. Shes a beauty. Wish I could help you. Ron Nadeau ...........Good Luck in your search.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:22 AM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Photos??
Old 05-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ron,

If what you have is unstarted, you could have a mold of the fuse made and copy the root and tip of the wing/stab for foam cores. Then some simple measurements of the cores for cutting and Volia! Instant kit!

FB
Old 05-08-2011, 06:04 PM
ronaldjnadeau

Well the airplane came as a sheeted foam wing and horizontal stab with fiberglass fuse, ARF but the dimentions can be molded from the finished product and kind of use reverse tengineering to do it. It would be really nice to see this airplane back in production on any level,,,.. for the connasuers of the hobby . This airplane was truely ahead of its time. I can make a mold of the Condor (Whale) wing and fuse using Release compound and plaster. But the airplane is finished at this point. I guarantee ,,,this such a ausome airplane that it would be a success.. I have never done any foam cutting but I can get you a copy or mold of the wing center and wing tips and the sweep and aileron size, Or better yet, I probably could just mold in two parts, the top and botton of the wing and Horizontal and vertical stabs ,sweep exc. If done by laying out carbon fiber inside each half we probably could achieve a perfect copy of the long lost legond!! The fuse could be done in the same way. Making this design with Carbon fiber wich is much lighter than a Fibreglass fuse and sheeted foam wing. Its definatly something to consider !
Send me your EMail address and ill send you some pics of it send to. [email protected]
THANKS..............Ron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sq48255.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1605954   Click image for larger version

Name:	cy77300.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1605955   Click image for larger version

Name:	ch97715.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1605956   Click image for larger version

Name:	ga76708.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1605957   Click image for larger version

Name:	vg54721.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1605958  
Old 05-09-2011, 06:15 PM
grcourtney

very P-8 ish ?? knock off ? Nice looking !!

G
Old 05-09-2011, 06:19 PM
riot3d

Looks a bit like the Mach 1.

Adrian
Old 05-09-2011, 06:57 PM
grcourtney

the wings have to much sweep for a mach 1, turtle deck on the mach one is different plus all the mach 1 Ive seen have clear canopies not to say you couldn't paint one

gary
Old 05-10-2011, 02:27 PM
ronaldjnadeau

Thanks all .. Im looking for more info on it too??? But Ive been trouugh the archives and couldnt find another?? There are many similaritys to others but None with all the same features when I Look close!!. A Lot ofthis stylePlanes were knockoffs at some level ! But the streight back turtle deck and the scoop in the front arent similarwith any ive seen. All I know is that Ill Cry someday if it goes in!!! Would hate to see it go if I didnt make a copy of itsomehow. !!! Id love to see the Plans to it.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:28 PM
grcourtney

p-8 has a scoop on the chin. mine doesn't but my motor is inverted.

good looking find though

g