Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

WHO WANTS A FREE SKYLARK ARF? CONTEST WON!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

WHO WANTS A FREE SKYLARK ARF? CONTEST WON!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 05:32 PM
raptor5900
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHO WANTS A FREE SKYLARK ARF?

Thank you 232Cap-Tain (I speak for all of us I think)
Old 01-31-2004, 07:35 PM
jc4me2

Default RE: RE: WHO WANTS A FREE SKYLARK ARF?

Well, if it'll help me, I'm 13 and have been selling everything thing I own to keep flyin. Just moved and I lost my paperoute(flyin money) There are some people I know that would definatly be interested in a small(ish)pattern plane. And thank you 232Cap-Tain.
Jordan
Old 01-31-2004, 10:48 PM
caliber302003

ORIGINAL: raptor5900

I dont want to sound rude, but has anyone flown the plane?.....you all say your gonna make it look great, well if your not chip hyde the plane mite fly like crap (not saying that it does billy)......just a thought.

dido !!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 10:49 PM
caliber302003

ORIGINAL: Ten-Man

Why the heck did my post get erased!!! Man some people just don't have any sense of humor!! Maybe that picture was the moderators wife?????

now that was uncalled for !!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 11:06 PM
afilho
My Feedback: (68)

I can do everything but nothing is gonna be like what you do, puting this ad on RC Universe. i have sure the skylark is very popular now, but to make all my friends at the club and on the street meet the skylar, i will print in all my my T-SHIRTS a big picture of the skylark with a text. I LOVE SKYLARK, YOU CAN LOVE TOO... on the front of the t-shirt and on the back ...just try it, is fantastic. and use this t-shirts to go everywhere. i will have sure everybody will bough one.(p.s all my friend i guarantee.). thanks and i will pray to answer your e-mail asking for my address. thanks for the chance to share a wonderfull plane with us.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:52 PM
Boss248

So..is Hobby Lobby going to give this plane away or what??? and if so will the...lucky person's name show up in this post????
Old 02-01-2004, 12:29 AM
caliber302003

good luck guys
Old 02-01-2004, 01:08 PM
mAvRiCk-inactive

Hey Jim dont know if you made your decision yet, but considering I am close to Erick Royer and I am finishing up a review on a plane from Hobby Lobby for RCUniverse that I canbe a good candidate. I am 15 if you didn't already know and mostly fly 3D. It would be a good idea to get into pattern so I am sure this is a good way to start. Probably do some nice 3D with it also. I can post videos and pictures. Not that I already don't or anything =)!!!

Hope to get in touch soon

Dan L
Old 02-01-2004, 04:43 PM
crashtestdummy
My Feedback: (1)

Well if i was to win this model i would donate it to my club to help promote pattern flying. They can use it to train prospective pattern flyers in the fine art of pattern flying. Since most people just fly for fun not many know how to fly a pattern and we do have a very good pattern flyer in our club that has shown an intrest in teaching pattern flying to anyone intrested in doing so and with a big flyin coming up in march this would be ideall.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:19 AM
speed_freak1

well. if i get it (small chance there actually is since there are so many people wanting this plane) i will be using it to take by 'B' certificate with. i am currently about 3 months away from taking my B and it would be a great change from using my WOT 4 MKlll, yes i know some of you may think... A WOT 4!!! he must be crazy! but actually the plane is very resopnsive and agile around the sky. so if i did wil this plane it would make my test that little more easier!.
i am also a club instructor and at the age of 17 its not bad! if i win i will also be using this plane to take up the more experianced people to show them how to fly aerobatics.

Good luck to who ever wins!

Adam
Old 02-02-2004, 09:29 AM
SLINGSHOT-RCU

I would fly it at all of the flyin this year, and be proud to have it.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:48 PM
shchopper

If I was to win this fine looking plane, I believe I would look a little harder at shopping at Hobby Lobby, even though they are a little
more expensive than my usual hobby shop. Ha Ha Just kidding, I would probably donate this plane to the young people in my club who
are wanting to get into pattern flying.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:15 PM
mAvRiCk-inactive

Seriosuly my friend. I will get into pattern flyoing and advertise you in my club. Not that i already dont with that giles, but Let us know who gets the privilege to have a nice pattern plane.

Dan
Old 02-03-2004, 03:57 PM
Psyco

I've been around the hobby a long time, got started flying Ukies and into RC about 1970 with my Dad. No time to build and I have been sampling ARFs and enjoying getting into the air quickly. I belong to a club in Winnipeg that has many middle-aged ex-builders and this would be a great plane to promote at the field and our fun-flies. But, probably the biggest reason is for my Dad. Pops moved from RC into full scale aerobatics in the early 70s and did quite well until he retired from the sport, but because of moving around he never got back into the RC hobby. He now visits annually for 2-3 months and the Skylark would allow him to have a plane of his own to fly while here this summer, and after he leaves I would offer the plane and my time as instructor for newbies moving up from trainers at our flying field Tuesdays and Thursdays. Another selfish reason is I think I was the real reason he left RC after a visit I had with him in Chicago and I totaled, I mean totaled his 60 size Patricia he spend a winter building, and he has threatened to bury one of my planes the next chance he gets, he wouldn't do that if he had the Skylark!!!

My Dad and I also fly virtual combat in Aces High online and through the forums and my websight I would cronical his return to the world of RC, right along side photos of his real life P51 experience last summer.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Low Wing

I was kidding...Skylarks are cooooooooooool man...WOW...easy on the kill switch baby...I better put my seat belt on, the cops are out tonight...[&o]
Old 02-03-2004, 09:10 PM
peteflyrc

Lets see ,
The first thing I would do is formally thank the company that I received the plane from .then I would show it off to promote where I got it from . To let other who aren't in the hobby mite get interested in the sport of flying.I am in this hobby to not only better my skills but to help others perfect theirs .I would also use it as a training tool to help my students to learn the principals of aerobatics. I also would fly it for my own enjoyment and also my 4 year old son and my 7 year old daughter who will be soloing soon to fly a faster plane than the spads and 3 d planes that we have been flying.I do believe my whole family would enjoy it.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Billy Hell
My Feedback: (2)

Boss
Yes, I will give away the bird as well as the motor/rx/servos and battery.
The time frame for this is from Jan. 26, 2004 and ends on Feb. 11 at 4pm.
At that time I will post the winner. It's that simple. So far there are many great posts.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:28 AM
radcon56

GREAT IDEA !! Wrong approach. How can anyone say how they will promote something, when nothing is known about what you will promote? Now, I'm sure it's a fine plane and all the rest but, there's more to a plane than looks.The proof is in how it flies.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Billy Hell
My Feedback: (2)

And that's exactly what I'm looking for. I send someone the bird and parts and they take pictures of it, comment on how everything looks, walk us through the build with pictures, comment on the hard parts, fly and video tape the bird. Then post everything here and comment on what they think.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:49 AM
sculver

What would I do with a free Skylark ARF? Besides be very happy since I've never won anything before, I would take great care in assembly so the model looks as good as the reference pictures on the web. I'm a member in the largest R/C club in the Midwest, [link=http://www.omahawks.org]Omahawks R/C Inc.[/link], with over 200 members in Omaha, NE so I would begin by taking the plane to our next monthly meeting and showing it off. Our club also sponsors numerous events such as fun flys and exhibition shows to raise donations for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Needless to say, I would have this wonderful aircraft at all these events to give it maximum exposure. I also feel it is every R/C hobbyist duty to promote our hobby and sport to as many people as possible to gain broader interest for all ages. In addition to showing the plane at all our events I would bring this aircraft to the field (Hawk Field) at every opportunity to show the dozens of spectators who stop by to ask questions. I would give this plane a great home and the exposure to the R/C community and the public it deserves.

Thanks for the opportunity to submit my ideas.

Regards,

Steve Culver
Old 02-04-2004, 12:16 PM
robhoneycutt

...it needs converting to Electric power, so I would put a hacker in it, power it with lipos, add some retracts, tint the canopy, do a build and fly thread on rcuniverse and ezone, and submit a build and fly to quiet flyer magazine. other than that, fly the &*%^ out of it and bring it to SEFF in June.

Rob
Old 02-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Hircflyer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be the only person flying the airplane in Hawaii!!!!!! I'm retired and fly everyday (no winter) so the airplane would get the most visability with me at the controls.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:49 PM
RSprinkel
My Feedback: (3)

Well Lemme give this a try...

First and foremost I am still learning to fly. If I were to win this fantastic bird I would do a few things. First and foremost learn pattern flying. I would then get vinyl lettering made up from my favorite vinyl lettering shop that one of our member's wife owns. The lettering would advertise 3 main factors of RC Flying and my vinyl lettering shop. The advertisements would be Hobby-Lobby, AMA and most importantly RCUniverse as this is the BEST and ONLY informative RC Site on the net (My opinion). I would then also have an advertisement for Clearview Signs as they would do my lettering for me. I would take this bird to shows within the Tri-State area I am in. I would also try and get other organizations involved as well. I would also display it at the fields I intend to fly at this year.

The plane would never be flown, it would be used for show purposes only.

That is what I would do with this plane.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:56 AM
dennis1943
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: Billy Hell

Great responses!
I'm going to have a tough job picking someone.
Remember, online exposure is very improtant too (movies, pictures)!
Billy

bill,
i do a lot of teaching and instruction, and i feel it could be used wisely to instruct new students in the art of what makes a airplane fly, where i would offer a contest and give it to the most learned student
Old 02-05-2004, 01:11 PM
tmckay
My Feedback: (5)

Billy,

This is actually a pretty cool idea to get this bird out there and to use the most reliable source of knowledge to do it (the RCUniverse readers). I have read all of the posts and you have your work cut out for you. You have the whole spectrum of modelers to choose from...young and old, guys and gals, ultra-experienced to brand new flyers...I am glad I don't have your job

I purchased my first airplane..a Wingo from Hobby Lobby 4 years ago and flew it into the ground about 1000 times, and learned the basics of flight and the art of field repair (tape and balsa....yeehah!). I can't count the number of people that I have helped in this hobby by telling them what not to do...I was the ultimate do-it-yourself hobbyist. I have since then gone on to 40-sized nitro, 3-D aerobatics, large scale and gas, and have recently come back to electrics (to fly in the backyard and at lunchtime)...

I would love an opportunity to try out the nitro stuff from Hobby Lobby, as I have been skeptical about buying.. I don't have a fancy resume of flying skills, nor do I have a club/funfly schedule to rival the Rolling Stones concert tour, but I can offer a very practical and honest review of the Skylark. I like the way it looks and would love the opportunity to give the world the average sport flyers take on the airplane. For I assume that this plane is designed for the average sport flyer in mind. No fancy dressups would be made to the plane..It would be built stock and flown as advertised on the Hobby Lobby website...If you want a review of the plane with plenty of word of mouth and world wide web exposure, then I am your man...If you want the plane to have a facelift, two pounds of advertising stickers thrown on and a Cosmopolitan photo shoot, then someone else may be a better candidate.....

Regardless of the outcome of this contest I appreciate you appealing to the masses who would buy your products.....VERY COOL[8D]

Tucker M[sm=thumbup.gif]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.