Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Boxer series Back Again!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 04:15 PM
tph1
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Boxer series Back Again!!

Well, after a couple of emails back and forth, to the right person, I have Boxxer plans ordered. Rick could not have been nicer or more helpful. Can't wait to see them. I bet there is someone somewhere that opened an email and went, "What the he** is a Boxer?"
Old 04-17-2004, 02:50 PM
tph1

Checksix, What size landing gear is that?
thanks
Old 04-17-2004, 03:05 PM
checksix
My Feedback: (4)

Default landing gear

Bolly "F3A Large"
--Derek
Old 04-24-2004, 01:12 PM
tph1

Default RE: landing gear

Got my instuction booklet and 6 pages of CAD drawings Friday for the 120, very nicely done. Will start on it as soon as I can find some light balsa.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Cursor
My Feedback: (17)

The Boxer 90 update is now complete and the plans are ready to ship. Provison has now been made for the optional use of the Bolly F3A CF gear on the 60,90, and 120.

The Boxer 90 was originally designed around the Y.S. .91, and will accept the O.S. .91 Surpass (pumped) and Saito .91 or .100 (you would need a Perry pump for the latter two). The new Y.S. 110FZ is a drop-in fit. This model would also be very easy to convert to electric power.

Contact me at [email protected] for ordering and more info.

Rick Allison
Salient R/C
Old 06-25-2004, 08:54 AM
SuperViking

is the vertical fin airfoiled or sheet balsa?
Old 06-25-2004, 09:31 AM
tph1

It is sheeted
Old 06-25-2004, 09:46 AM
flianbrian

airfoil

EDIT:
Ooops, shouldn't trust my aged memory.
Built up parallel and sheeted, with a tapered rudder. (Sorta an airfoil? ).
Not a slab of balsa tho....
Old 06-25-2004, 04:02 PM
SuperViking

I was thinking about building the 120 size with fixed gear and a webra 120 pumped, Im not sure what type of header and pipe to use because of the side exhaust engine,to me nothing looks worse than a clean airframe with a muffler or pipe running down the side of it Any info on this set up would be very helpful.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:05 PM
tph1

email Karl Meuller and see if he can build you a custom header like the ones on a OS 160. I'm sure he can.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:14 PM
tph1

also according to my plans the vertical is built up and flat, not an airfoil, someone may have a differrent set of plans but that is what mine say
Old 06-28-2004, 10:05 PM
stonyZ

does any one know if the boxer 60 cores would tolerate a 7/8" wing tibe to be used in another project?i have a pair and would like to use them for another plane thanks
Old 06-15-2005, 06:07 PM
impalas
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Checksix I noticed your thread on your 120 boxer from 3-22-04. I have been flying both 60 and 120 for a number of years. After taking a rest from the hobby I just completed a 120 size that had been kicking around for some time. I have a new YS 140 sport in it and flew it last night. It is awsome and I'm very happy with it. We fly off a turf field and always experience the normal problems with 5/32 retract wire. I would like to convert this to carbon fixed gear. In your thread you mentioned that your gear was from Falcon Hobbies. Could you tell me what size it was, (F3A or what) and what size wheels you used. I was very impressed with the photos and would appreciate the info. Thanks
Impalas
Old 06-15-2005, 09:07 PM
checksix

The carbon landing gear is Bolly "F3A large". You can get them in the US now, for example from Precision Aero Composite and probably other pattern suppliers. For wheels I used "Dave Brown Treaded Lite" 2-1/2 inch size.

The YS140 on a sub-10 pound airplane is loads of fun, isn't it?

--Derek
Old 06-16-2005, 06:28 AM
impalas

Derek; Thanks for the quick reply. The plane is about 9 LBs. I really think that the fixed gear is the answer. Awsome power!!!
Thanks again Pete
Old 03-22-2010, 11:45 AM
flazo

Hi,

Any future plans of providing a balsa cut kit... Don't have time to build from scracht!

Nice plane though

thanks
Old 03-22-2010, 02:06 PM
impalas

Hi Checksix; Have not seen any posts from you in awhile. Hope all is well. If you remember I asked you about the fixed gear set up on the Boxer. This was years ago. Well I've framed up another boxer that I want to put the bolly gear on. If I remember right your thread had some photo's. I went to that thread but only saw the model in the air. If you still have any shots of the bolly install and have the time I would appreciate your posting them. Thanks impalas
Old 03-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Strat2003

I've built two Boxers, and as far as a kit is concerned, well, it wouldn't have a lot of pieces. The fuse is very straightforward, built around a basic box (get it?) and the plans come with a compete print out of full size patterns. You can cut out all the pieces in a couple of evenings, so don't let the lack of a kit hold you back.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:02 AM
MrSteve09

Hi All,...

Over the years I have collected plans and wing cores for most if not all the different Boxers in the series. I have plans and cores for the Boxer 40, plans and cores for the Boxer 60, plans and a FULL KIT for the Boxer 90, lastly plans and cores for the Boxer 120.

I haven't flown pattern in three or four years, my eyes are getting bad and I can't see the plane way out there. I've taken up control line stunt instead!! The plane is no more than 60 feet away at all times. If not something has gone seriously wrong, ha!!

Anyway,... I am willing to part with any and all of the above listed Boxer plans, cores, and kit.

If anyone is interested or cold use any of the above mentioned items, please feel free to email or drop me a note. I'm sure we could work out a deal.

Thanks!!

Sincerely,
Steve T.

[email protected]

P.S. All plans and kits have original instruction booklet included.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:06 PM
checksix

ORIGINAL: impalas

Hi Checksix; Have not seen any posts from you in awhile. Hope all is well. If you remember I asked you about the fixed gear set up on the Boxer. This was years ago. Well I've framed up another boxer that I want to put the bolly gear on. If I remember right your thread had some photo's. I went to that thread but only saw the model in the air. If you still have any shots of the bolly install and have the time I would appreciate your posting them. Thanks impalas
Hi Impalas,
I stopped flying pattern several years ago but check in on rcuniverse occasionally to see what's going on. I was surprised to see this thread is still alive. I have many fond memories of my Boxer. I was a great flying plane and I enjoyed it all the more because I built it myself. I no longer have any photos online, but I do remember that i used a 1/4" birch ply floor plate and 1/2" balsa triangle stock to fabricate the gear mount. It didn't add much weight and was bullet proof.
Happy flying!
Old 04-10-2010, 08:08 PM
edwarda10pilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Impalas:

If you are still looking for Bolly gear they can be purchased in the US from Randy Smith at www.aeroproduct.net. Randy is the owner. The company is a control line supplier/maufacturer but he is manufacturing the line of Bolly F3A gears (standard, elect., curved and wide. He is also making the fiberglass wheel pants.

Ed
Old 08-09-2011, 10:15 AM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: MrSteve09

Hi All,...

Over the years I have collected plans and wing cores for most if not all the different Boxers in the series. I have plans and cores for the Boxer 40, plans and cores for the Boxer 60, plans and a FULL KIT for the Boxer 90, lastly plans and cores for the Boxer 120.

I haven't flown pattern in three or four years, my eyes are getting bad and I can't see the plane way out there. I've taken up control line stunt instead!! The plane is no more than 60 feet away at all times. If not something has gone seriously wrong, ha!!

Anyway,... I am willing to part with any and all of the above listed Boxer plans, cores, and kit.

If anyone is interested or cold use any of the above mentioned items, please feel free to email or drop me a note. I'm sure we could work out a deal.

Thanks!!

Sincerely,
Steve T.

[email protected]

P.S. All plans and kits have original instruction booklet included.
Steve,

I was wondering what the status of your various size Boxers was and whether you still have some for sale? I might send you a PM as well in case you are unsubscribed to this thread.

David.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:38 PM
MrSteve09

Dave,....

I have paper copies of the Boxer 120 plans, twelve sheets! And I still have the Boxer 90 kit, including original vellum plans, foam cores, and balsa pieces and sheeting. Let me know if you are interested in any of this.

Thanks!

Steve T.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have Boxer 45, 60, and 90 plans including instructions if anyone is interested.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:09 AM
computermonkey
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys I do not know where to start.

While looking for plans for the Boxer I came across Joan, Rick Allison's wife. Talking with Joan (a pattern flyer herself) was pretty neat. Not knowing Rick had past away a while back, I gave my condolencemail.

Joan was happy people were still interested in the plane. Joan has given permission to distribute the files free to everyone one.

There are four sizes 45, 60, 90, 120. The drawings are of the latest reversion.

I've asked a friend to help me covert the CAD files to PDF. From what I understand the plans are detailed with a built up or foam wing.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5Jo2V32-osPN1E5YzVXeDdVTXM?usp=sharing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.