Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Simulators

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simulators

Two more questions:

1. Would it help in terms of practice to use a PC simulator?
2. Which simulator would be recommended?

My intent is not to start a flame war; I am really interested in buying one but am not sure what to buy. I was looking at Great Planes G2 and AeroFly Pro.

Any recommendations?
Old 05-13-2004, 10:08 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Simulators

IMO, it has helped me. I must say though, you will be flying with tunnel vision (sub par ground reference). I use G2 and practice by using a viewer gadget that shows heading, and distance out (perpendicular) to the runway. When I actually began to practice with this method and pay attention to the heading, I was able to get a feel for how often rudder correction is needed (99% of the time). I have also found it helpful in working on rudder correction when the plane is inverted, etc.

good luck.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:57 AM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would recommend that you try one out if possible. Some guys just don't like the computer sim experience. Personally I would recommend it. There seems to be shift to Aerofly Pro as some say it is better in the 3D area. AFP might require extra video processing power, too....better check that out and compare it to your computer.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, I practice imac sequences with aro flight pro,I find the smorgasbg to be a good plane for practicing,also there is a thing on there called a aircraft trace,if you activate that you can tell if you are drawing straight lines hope this helps