Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Arresti III - Nov 04 Version

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 07:48 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arresti III - Nov 04 Version

Many of you know I've been quite pleased with the performance of the Arresti III's. I have owned 2, built 3, and have a Fourth coming. I've documented many of the interesting moments and observations during the ongoing development and refinement of this airplane on my web site.

I am *NOT* a sponsored pilot, and I have receipts for the Arresti's I've bought..... so...please read this note from the perspective intended... let's keep improving it!!!

I have one of the newest batch coming, so that I can objectively compare and evaluate changes from the various versions. Many of you know that there were some concerns early on with the short-wing tube foam wing, then later a short-tube built-up version. I'm flying the most recent, fully-built up, long wing tube version, and it is a significant improvement from original.

I'm looking forward to the new one....

Now - the purpose of this lengthy post - the instructions leave something to be desired, and the assembler needs to know pattern birds. There are a couple of points to verify...
1. Check fin squareness to stab tubes, and stab tubes to wing tube, before gluing stuff in. Mine have need the tubes adjusted slightly to get everything 'square'.
2. Put the servos in the stabs. Use standard, coreless, or digitals, but put them in the stab.
3. Incidence datum is the top fuse edge at the canopy rail. That is the horizontal reference to set / check incidence of the wing. The best flying is when that incidence is "zero", meaning it is parallel to the canopy rail. Same for the stab. The built-in incidences have proven to be "right".
4. Firewall - there may be a standoff "box" tack-glued/bolted to the firewall. If using a Hyde mount, or Gator - remove that box, throw away, and reduce 3.7 ozs. in the process. Draw a vertical line on firewall 7mm to the LEFT of center (if you're in the cockpit) and use that for centering up your mount. RIght thrust is built into the firewall.
5. Firewall to spinner backplate dimension - airplane balances easiest if you keep that at 154mm or so.
6. CG - there are three of these flying quite well at 198mm aft of leading edge at the fuse side. The included instructions on my previous builds has had that number wrong. Believe us - the 198 is nearly perfect.

Understand that fully stock this airplane will be about 11 lb 10 oz or perhaps more. If you want it "pattern legal", plan on a CF 25mm PBG wing tube, the Matt Kebabjian CF gear, and an ES or Aeroslave CF tuned pipe. Those things will make it, you can do more by using Lithiums, lightened backplate, etc.

Please - anyone with questions - give me a PM or e-mail....I'd like to help out, if I can. This is a great airplane, and a super value, and should be successful for you guys!!!
Old 11-20-2004, 03:14 PM
Whymee
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Arresti III - Nov 04 Version

Hi Bob...

I have read (i think) all your posts on the various versions of the Arresti. The reason why is that I am looking to purchase a bird to fly pattern with. Not in competition (as of yet), but to see what that type of flying is like. Sounds like this is a good plane to jump into the world of pattern flying as a RAW newbie.

I do have what I believe is called a "Solution" all fibergalss pattern ship to assemble, but I think (if your report is positive) I will spring for the Arresti III.

Already have the following: 140FZ and Hitec digitals. Just waiting on me to make a decision on what plane to put them in.

I will wait on my decision until I read your report on the "nov. 04" version.

Your website is the bomb, dewd.

Thanks

Whymee
WV
Old 07-03-2005, 07:10 PM
acro50

Hi All

I know that there has been a lot said and written re the Arresti III, but am slightly "confused". I received my Arresti III just over a week ago, and it has fixed landing gear, with foam core wings, and 480 mm wing tube. I queried this with the hobbyshop, who said that they received it in April this year. Which version is this one? I am under the impression that the later versions have builtup wings and "longer" wing tube?? Please correct me, or please help!!

Thanks from down under in NZ.

Ed
Old 07-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Bob Pastorello

It sounds like the "pre-Nov 04" configuration, Ed. I can't speculate why that was still shipping to your distributor/LHS in April of '05, but the all wood, built up version has been the one shipping from Kondor for quite some time.

I do have detailed instructions available on how to add the long wing tube, extra doubler rib at 10.25", etc., if you want to do that. As a brand new wing, it would be very easy.

My ORIGINAL foam wings (with the long tube mod done by me) is STILL getting LOTS of flights; I'm quite sure it is approaching or over 350 flights, easily. Still strong, solid, straight.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:00 PM
babylon99

just started building mine , anybody got pictures to post to help along the way

thank you
Old 07-06-2005, 04:37 AM
snap_roll

i should have listened 2 aerobob and use an OS160,my dingo drinks like a drunkard in the pub!
Old 07-06-2005, 05:13 AM
Bob Pastorello

babylon99 - I just reloaded my pages on the Arresti III to my website.
Hope there's something helpful there..... [link=http://www.rcaerobats.net/Arresti/ArrestiIII_Main.htm]Arresti III Pages[/link]