Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Finesse canopy attachment?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 08:13 AM
Xrod
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finesse canopy attachment?

Can you guys help me with figuring out the canopy attachment method? Makes no sense to me. Does this indicate that I need a super long driver to remove the two front screws from underneath the airplane to get the canopy off? How do you guys do it? Where can I get a Violett Hatch Latch? I've heard they work well. Suggestions please.
Thanks, Steve
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77513.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	204849   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76035.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	204850  
Old 12-20-2004, 12:31 PM
tph1
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Finesse canopy attachment?

Central carries the BVM hatch latch, that and a couple of small dowels and you're in there, that drawing gave me a headache
Old 12-21-2004, 01:42 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes the tube guides run to the bottom of the fillet for the wing. A normal size ball drive works. This is a clean and neat way to have the attachment. I used the Styrene plastic tubes from the "local" hobby shop these are used for other modeling things like trains and such.

Another little trick is to only make the hole in the fuse big enough to allow the ball driver to pass. But its small enough that the screw can't come out. This way you never loose the screws and they are captured in the tubes/guides.

TN
Old 12-21-2004, 05:05 PM
Xrod
My Feedback: (2)

Aha!
Thanks Troy, I didn't notice that they go to the fillet area. Now I understand what the inner nyrod piece is for..to keep the screw in there. I had planned on using a hatch pin.
Steve