Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

3D QUEST

Old 06-06-2005, 01:26 PM
checho4
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 3D QUEST

hI , i am trying to buy .90 size airplane , i found the "3d quest" and i have a question.ç
how it flies FAI????

PLEASE HELPME
THANKS
Old 06-06-2005, 03:06 PM
SwampFlier-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3D QUEST

For what I've read and seen (i don't own one) it's a very good airplane

On the same range is the Swallow 90 by giantscaleplanes which retails for US$189 + $30 SH about 210 compared to 250 for the quest.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:48 PM
MikeEast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 3D QUEST

I have flown the Quest and I have seen some very good Masters level pilots fly it just horsing around as well. I dont think it will be very competitive in FAI pattern at all unless you are an extremely good pilot that can make anything present well. I dont have an alternate suggestion but I dont think the Quest flies well enough to give you a chance against any good pilot with a good 2M plane. It would probably be ok up to the NSRCA Advanced pattern level but thats about it. With a YS 1.40 Sport or a good 2 stroke it can probably fly the pattern, I just cant see it flying it with the precision you need in FAI.

Mike