Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
 cermark javelin II  comments or input ? >

cermark javelin II comments or input ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

cermark javelin II comments or input ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cermark javelin II comments or input ?

i just ordered a javelin II . putiing an os 46 futaba rec and 3004 servos any comments or input?
Old 12-18-2005, 03:18 PM

Default RE: cermark javelin II comments or input ?

Turn your landing gears out, not in. Helps greatly on the ground. Super flyer.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:24 PM

It flys great with that setup. The only problem is that the LG is to far rearward for grass. I have had two and on both I bent the gear part that goes into the wing appx 20 deg to move the gear forward.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:26 PM
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do a search for the other Javelin threads. You'll glean aload of info about CG, engine combos, and landing gear.

You will like the plane...it fliys quite nicely.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:37 PM

the gear is the main issue with the Jev II. I have seen 3 and all had the issue. she tips foward. I would say that by putting your gear out and bending it foward as lightfoot9 stated should help with the LG issue. I use to race with mine. Not pylon, just a few members having some fun. Was the bird to beat until I got my Viper.[>:]

Goodluck, you are going to love it

Freebird
Old 01-29-2006, 12:56 AM

on my javelin i solved two problems at once. with the batt. up in the top cowling it seemed a little hard to keep flat on landing (top heavy) so i cut a hatch under the fuel tank.put my batt.in there and while i was in there i laminated lite ply into the corner of bulkhead #2 and mounted aluminum landing gear right in front of the wing. flys great lands great no problems.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:01 PM
My Feedback: (4)

I had the typical landing gear problems with the Javelin II also. I fly off of a grass field and the ground clearance wasn't enough either (13" prop on a Saito 72). I made up some longer landing gear and of course that made the gear bending problem worse. My solution was to install a set of Bolly FAI Standard landing gear. This moves the gear forward slightly, give more prop clearance , didn't add much weight and I think it looks better too. The plane weighs 5 1/2 lbs.
Good luck with your Javelin. It is a nice flying plane.
Best regards,
Bill
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79412.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	397684   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65998.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	397685  
Old 01-30-2006, 05:10 PM

I have had mine for about two months. However, I have only flown it a few times since the Evolution engine .60 (oversize) has been terrible. Stalls after idle, stalls on runway, dies in mid air. etc....... Never can enjoy the plane but if flies amazing the few seconds I have. I can say after 10 or so DEAD STICK EMERGENCY LANDINGS, the plane has performed well under the conditions. Thanks Evolution Engines for making me so competent at this. I had LHS send the engine back to the factory and very nicely, they replaced some parts and made some changes and had it back to me in about two weeks. However, it started up like always, but only to fool me and stall after I took off.

Same problems as above with landing gear. Moved mine forward....lost some ground clearence. The inverted glow motor makes this part a constant battle. What a sweet plane for the money!!!!! I wish my LHS would have had a different motor recommendation.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:20 PM

I put the gear from a 60 ucando with 40 size weel pants. looks good and works great.