Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

What mount best for ys160 dz

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 03:14 PM
psookdee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What mount best for ys160 dz

Could anyone give me idea of what mount is best for my new ys160 dz please....would be great if you can post the picture......
Old 04-07-2006, 03:45 PM
jamesjoneill

Default RE: What mount best for ys160 dz

Hyde HCMY140ARA. This is the 140 size hyde mount with the alloy beams instead of the much heavier nylon beams. I am sure there are other mounts that work adequately, but the Hyde mount is the best and most reliable.

See http://www.centralhobbies.com/Engine...s/hydmnts.html for details, picture etc.

James
Old 04-07-2006, 04:32 PM
PeterP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I concur the only one worth using is the HCMY140ARA. It is the best period. I never thought a mount would make so much difference and at $137 USD it almost an investment.

The mount would also be the lightest around at 2.1 oz. Merle Hyde guarantees his product for 5000 flights (conditional).

Not sponsored just realised you get what you pay for.

Peter
Old 04-07-2006, 05:41 PM
MikeEast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Agreed. I use the exact same mount. The one I got from Central was "made specifically for the 1.60" but it apears to be idententical to the afforementioned part #. Prices have come down too!

I know the newer Bud Mounts with the better adhesive in the ring are doing a nice job as well, I have seen a few in action. The new Hyde mount style is basically the same as the Bud mount and both are WAY cheaper than a Hyde mount. Most all of them come drilled and tapped or bolted to fit either the 1.40 or 1.60 which basically have the same bolt pattern. Mine new one was hollow in the center which also saves a good bit of weight in the nose.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:39 AM
jayjayneri

Of all the mounts I have used, I can only recommend 2, the Hyde mount and the YS mount. Of all the mount I have seen but not used, I can only recommend one, the Budd mount. Everything else I have used or seen in action just won't do the job. If on a budget, the Gator mount with a nose ring has worked for some.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:25 PM
FBaity
My Feedback: (2)

I use the Hyde on the 160DZ and it works great.

Frank Baity
AMA 38026
Old 04-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

Frank did you live and fly in Augusta Ga at one time?
Old 04-11-2006, 07:31 AM
FBaity

twtayler,

Yes I lived in Augusta for 24 years. I flew mostly at the CSRA Flyers field but was a member of and flew at several fields in SC.

Frank
Old 04-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Mastertech

Hi frank

Long time no see! Since I saw you last I've retired from the air force got married and had two kids and started a business. I droped out of flying during that time as I had no time or money. Started flying again last year and boy have my eyes failed me.
Wonder how DBK is doing? You doing much flying?

Tim Taylor
Old 04-11-2006, 06:30 PM
FBaity

Tim,

Darrell died about a year ago. I fly a lot, IMAC stuff and competed in AMA Helicopter for several years. I am presently building a turbine helicopter which should be flying in a few months. Furthermore, I fly Giant Scale Warbirds(85" P-51) and we have a GS fly-in here in Tuscaloosa this weekend which I am the CD of. Talk with you later.

Frank
Old 04-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Mastertech

Sorry to hear about Darrell. He was a true gentleman. I'm still flying pattern planes but not so much flying pattern. I still try to get to contests now and then but the drive is nowhere near what it was in the 90's. I guess life got in the way. I tried flying the "Fun fly" type airplanes and found out how bad they really suck. I've been flying Tom Brown's 30% Edge with a BME 102 and really like flying it so I might go in that direction. Take care.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:15 AM
Opvaulet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have 3 YS 160's mounted on 3 identical airframes, the YS mount, the J Budd and the Hyde. They all work well, but are different. The YS seems to have the most vibration when at lower revs, the Budd seem to vibe more in the mid range and the Hyde seems the most even and when holding on to the models the Hyde feels the most 'rubber', and the Budd more direct. Each of the 3 owners prefer the brand that is currently fitted to their aircraft, and after 100 flights or so none of the aircrafts or mounts are worse for wear.