Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
 FLITON INFINITY ENGINE MOUNT TROUBLE >

FLITON INFINITY ENGINE MOUNT TROUBLE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

FLITON INFINITY ENGINE MOUNT TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLITON INFINITY ENGINE MOUNT TROUBLE

I have been flying the Fliton Infinity now for 6 months, but it seems the wooden engine mount is falling apart. The two vertical parts are now loose from the main engine mount. My question: has anyone replaced this mount by a different type? It seems the only thing you can do is saw it off completely, and replace it by an ordinary plastic mount or one which absorps vibration.

Any suggestions/experience with this? Or should I just epoxy the wooden engine mount back together again and just go flying, since it will hold, even if it looks flimsy?

I am using a OS-91 FX with a tuned pipe and special header.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:31 PM
pmr

Default RE: FLITON INFINITY ENGINE MOUNT TROUBLE

Mine was equipped with a YS 110 (with MK soft mount) which is a real 4 stroke banger compared to a two stroke. Luckily for me I reinforced the firewall and the wooden mount way before I started flying it as advised by fellow forum members here. Eventually it started to weaken the mount/firewall area after a couple of months of use. I just reinforced it again. But in your case, I would suggest you to reinforce it but if it is beyond repair I would just saw it off and install a beam type mount.

Old 05-20-2006, 07:28 AM

Well, it seems I'm in about the same situation as you after a few months of flying. I just took the motor etc. off and I am preparing to repair it now. Good to hear yours is still holding up with your four-stroke in; must mean it should be OK for me. Thx, volkert
Old 05-20-2006, 12:27 PM
pmr

Well it held up just fine with a 4 stroke banger and a little reinforcement here and there but it didnt with a broken elevator linkage while in flight She was one of the best 90 size pattern plane Ive ever had Hope you fix her up and flyin soon.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:14 PM

[X(] That's bad! I just wanted to write earlier I was happy to see you were still flying the Infinity, because I find it such a great airplane to fly!!!! I really don't understand why Fliton discontinued making this plane! When I bought it in July last year, it was already difficult to find in Europe. I exchanged some e-mails with Fliton, and they said it would be replaced very soon by another plane. Just checked their website, nothing there!
Well, it should fly next weekend again. I'll fly an extra round for you then!

best, volkert