Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Focus Red Orocote

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Jim Clausen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Focus Red Orocote

Since I cannot get an answer from Piedmont or Lee Davis, I am looking for some help. I have a Focus and at one point had some extra covering in the Focus Red. It was identified as Oracover Hellrot 21-022. I have ordered and received from Horizon two rolls of normal red and it does not have enough orange to match the original color.
Does anyone out there have this covering or know where to get it or know the color?
Thanks in advance,
Jim Clausen
AMA 55111
[email protected]
Old 07-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Default RE: Focus Red Orocote

Lee Davis is no longer with Piedmont Models, but I think the color you're looking for is Fire Red Ultracote. That's the only one that has really any noticable orange tint to it. If that doesn't match still, I can ask Steve Wall or Dave Guerin for you.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Jim Clausen

Ryan,
I would appreciate you asking those folks. I am frustrated at the moment. I have scratch built another model, Not pattern, but have covered part with the Focus red because I like that color a lot. Without this exact color I will have to start all over again. Since I do not know these folks, your information would greatly help. Oh by the way my Focus is just great. I am now 66 years old and have some jerkiness to my thumbs and do not know when they are going to act up so no more contests. I do practice the pattern even when flying my other planes.
Thanks,
Jim Clausen
Old 07-07-2006, 10:55 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just purchased a roll of Horizon Hangar 9 Ultracote HANU883, Flame Red otherwise known as Oracover Hellrot 21-022. I would describe the color as being scarlet.

Allan
Old 07-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Jim Clausen

Allan,
Thanks a lot. I have purchased said color "Flame Red" and it matches and has the markings I was looking for. I will compete my covering and test the changes.
Info appreciated,
Jim Clausen