Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Supreme

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 12:41 PM
acromarco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supreme

Hi everybody!

Thanks Dan and the others for the positive comments on my new Supreme.
I tried to design a plane with the current and new schedules in mind, keeping a good side area that sure helps during rolling manouvers like rolling circles and mainly in rolling loops.

The wings are the result of the last three years flying with my Angel's Shadow; at the last European Championships in Spain I flown with personal wings, created to have better snap capability; those wings are now in production with the current Angel's Shadow. During the EC in Spain I saw that in extremely gusty conditions the smoothness of the rolls and the general behaviour of the model were less satisfactory than the old wings.
So back home I designed totally new wings starting from blank paper.
New airfoil, geometry, dimemsions, and swpt angles, searching to keep the great snap roll capability, but gaining more smoothness and stability in windy and gusty conditions. I tested these wings in conditions that normally a competiton is stopped for too much wings and I'm really happy. also in normal condition I have now a good results, and the test period is over now, so they're officially the Supreme's wings. The target for me and ZNLine is to have the first Supreme flying at the half of May, to set it up and compete in the "Tournoi of Champagne" in Romilly, in June. We'll keep you posted with pics and test flying news!!!

Practice, practice and........practice!!!
Marco Benincasa
Old 04-15-2003, 02:26 PM
JRW

Default Supreme

Hi Marco

The Supreme looks great, with an awesome amount of side area. I have a question for you. I've measured the Alliance and Synergy to be 5.25" wide at the wing leading edge - the widest point of the fuselage. How "wide" is the Supreme?

Thanks,
Jim Woodward
Old 04-15-2003, 04:21 PM
Dan.P

Default Supreme

Hi Marco. I´m looking forward to seing the finishd model. What engine will you fly it with?
Old 04-15-2003, 08:09 PM
acromarco

Default Supreme

Jim I reply you tomorrow because know I don't remember exactly the dimension you're asking for.

Dan I'll power the Supreme with the YS 140 Dingo. I fly with that engine since the first prototypes and I'm very happy with the way it perform; I found a real difference after Chip suggested me to switch from the Cool Power 20% pro pattern to the 30% heli type: awesome! It helped me a lot during the last unknown round at the EC finals in Spain in that umbelivable wind!
Good props are 15.5x12.5, 16x12, 16x10, depending on model and flight style. However the Supreme has been "thought" to accept and fly well also with 2 stroke.

'till next time......

Marco
Old 04-15-2003, 08:44 PM
Dan.P

Default Supreme

Thanks Marco
Old 04-16-2003, 06:34 AM
Keith J

Default Supreme

Hi Marco,

Where can I see a picture of your new model?

Best wishes

Keith
Old 04-16-2003, 08:14 AM
acromarco

Default Supreme

Hi Keith! The first fuselage will come out of the mold in a couple of week; I think that the first Supreme will be ready half May.

For the moment you can see some pics of the mold plug in this same site.
Type in "Supreme" in the search box here around, you'll find Mark Novack report of my visit to ZNLine with pictures of the "fuselage".

Let me know your impressions!

Best regards

Marco
Old 04-16-2003, 09:16 AM
fonzie72

Default Ciao MArco

Compliments for your new creature! finally a model signed from Marco, I hope you can be to the maximum levels with this model, GOOD LUCK, Ciao Alfonso!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2003, 09:24 AM
Malcolm H

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Supreme

Hello Marco,

Any chance that the Supreme wing will fit directly on the Angel's Shadow to give another wing option?

Regards

Malcolm H
Old 04-16-2003, 10:09 AM
acromarco

Default Supreme

Hi Alfonso! Hello Malcom.

I don't think that will be possible to fit Supreme's wings on the Angel's Shadow as the final production wings from ZNLine will have different wing tube and antirotation pins position. Even the diameter of the wing tube is different. Think also that I can't fit the same wing tube of my 1999 Angel's on 2002 one! They're different!

Happy flying

Marco