Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Venus II questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 03:14 PM
idonaf
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venus II questions

I just bought Venus II ARF from GP and I have a few questions:
I'm going to use O.S 120AX with a stock muffler, what prop should I use? 15x10? 16x8?
Where is the recommended CG point?
For elevator control, are you using two servos or just one? I'm afraid it won't balance well with two servos in the back.
Should I use the links that came with the kit?

Old 05-22-2008, 10:20 PM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Venus II questions

A single JR 8611A is an excellent choice for the elevator. The 120AX should pull some LONG vertical up lines. Ask Bill at Great Planes O.S. support here @ RCU..
Old 05-23-2008, 05:30 AM
kwhite.6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Venus II questions

The 15x10 gives a more constant speed in the wind and going vertical and still gives good down line breaking. With the 120ax you will need all 3 servos in the tail and the battery as far back as tou can get it. I can't remember where I balanced mine but I think it was a little behind the recomened point in the manual. It still feels a little noise heavy but not enough to mess with. The stock links have worked fine so far.