Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Sebastiano Silvestri new F3A plane

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Sebastiano Silvestri new F3A plane

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Jeff Boyd 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sebastiano Silvestri new F3A plane

ORIGINAL: macleote

You can also do your own woody bip like this french competitor:
I hear it calling you Mike Hester ??? . . "Black Magic Bi 1"

Cheers, JB
Old 08-08-2008, 08:54 PM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before we go giving Mike any ideas...can we let him finish the plane he is currently building for me, as well as the 1.10....then you guys can have him...!!!

Arch
Old 08-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

ORIGINAL: rcpattern

Before we go giving Mike any ideas...can we let him finish the plane he is currently building for me, as well as the 1.10....then you guys can have him...!!!

Arch
OH NO !!!!!!! He's building me one as well. THEN you can talk him into a bipe.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:28 AM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok guys I hate to spill the beans but here it is.

Archie sent me this top secret photo...This photo was taken with a Special camera to not detail the lines and aviod copy of the design. Black and White allows the general shapes to be shown yet hard to copy the design parameters. I know you guys understand.

Now don't worry guys its gonna be ready for the P-13 and F-13 sequences. A pulling out all the stops, no holds bar, beyond anything we have seen before model. This thing is going to be awesome, Off the Hook can't describe it. If this turns out anywhere near what we expect we are going to have a new revolution in the pattern world. By the way an update package will be available for all current customers. That IS the way they roll.

Look at the sleek lines, well proportioned landing gear that functions as SFGs (side force Generators ) This thing has a triple split rudder. The center one stays straight all the time saving a servo....even in stall turns and spins, while the outside ones will butterfly in( toward each other) for downwind verticals and they kick out for upwind down lines. The Knife edge authority is so off the hook you have to see it to believe it. This thing can do a rolling circle in barely the length of its fuse. I'm talking awesome here. Snaps and spins are perfect, This plane is like cheating.

Also this model has the new super secret top of the line BZX-80.1Z4 single rotating prop system on each side of the model. If you thought counter rotation was the thing wait till you see this baby. Matt K. helped them out with the power setup and offset angles. Visibility is key with this new design. You can be at 200meters and it still looks likes it just inside the poles. The landing gear and fuse have been engineered in a wind tunnel to not whistle. This is the second pattern model ever to be designed in a wind tunnel.

Flying wires provide the needed drag for those 10mph down lines while the new Electric combo of energizer Titanium and APC slow flyer props provide stunning vertical performance out of the box.

This plane comes in easily around 10lbs and will include the non-denominational tribal marking on all sections of the wing and tail. This will be offered as a builders kit and complete turn-key airframe. Please Please lets not rush any time frames. It will get done. I just wanted to provide a sneak peak of the Bi 3.6.2.8-GA.FX.123 Super Special 09'

I just don't know how they did it must have been an accident to hit the design this perfect right off the bat. This thing trims in no time. I'm talking this pass in the photo was at least 1minute into the maiden flight. Look at the rock solid start and first point of an 8pt roll that would have scored a pair of 10's it was that good. I don't want to chase people away but if you are not flying one of these in 2015 or whenever it gets put into production you are going to be one hurting unit.

They are now taking orders and pre-paid models will be delivered first on the list. Get in line gentlemen this is the ticket for the 2015 I mean 2017 contest year. A few supplier issues fixed and this thing is going to be the airframe to have. A glow version is in the works as well. Pre-paid orders only please on the Glow versions. They have a few tricks up their sleeves on this one and you don't want to miss out on it.

Please enjoy the comedy and smile.

I will be placing my order in a few days.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98552.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1007153  
Old 08-09-2008, 04:10 AM
Jeff Boyd 2

Ahhhhhhhhh . . . Twin Engine, Counter Rotating props . . IT MUST BE ! !

Good one

Cheers, JB
Old 08-09-2008, 07:25 AM
macleote

Other images:
Powered by Axi 5330/F3A

Name:	Nl30539.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	1007208   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38719.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	1007209   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nt46117.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1007210   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg97266.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1007211   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bn77076.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	1007212   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oe57419.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	1007213  
Old 08-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Well then.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:29 AM
MHester
My Feedback: (1)

Yeah....somebody's feelin frisky He even posted that under his real name.

Now I have to scrap my plans for the next decade and redesign my bipe. Thanks Troy, now nobody will see it until 2020. Back to the drawing board.

-Mike, the dude on the right
Old 08-09-2008, 10:44 AM
rcpattern

Interesting....
Old 08-09-2008, 10:54 AM
cdodom

very.

Chris Odom
Team Black Magic
Team Dragon Fire
Old 08-09-2008, 10:59 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Here ya go. This ought to do the trick.

Name:	Ca81986.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1007289  
Old 08-09-2008, 11:06 AM
JAS
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: macleote

Other images:
Powered by Axi 5330/F3A
What does it weigh? Is it "full size" or a bit smaller?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:26 AM
macleote

the plane is 1m80
his first Bipe is over the 5kg limit with 5350 TP, but he know where remove weight(wings, engine....) and starting a new one with evolutions. He has win more than 200g on the 2 wings.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:52 PM
MTK

************Also this model has the new super secret top of the line BZX-80.1Z4 single rotating prop system on each side of the model. If you thought counter rotation was the thing wait till you see this baby. Matt K. helped them out with the power setup and offset angles. Visibility is key with this new design. You can be at 200meters and it still looks likes it just inside the poles. The landing gear and fuse have been engineered in a wind tunnel to not whistle. This is the second pattern model ever to be designed in a wind tunnel. **************

What I really want to know, if it doesn't whistle will it at least play guitar?? Or violin??? Which one of these??
Old 08-09-2008, 07:26 PM
flyncajun

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Matt
I think Troy is not being Honest on the whistle part.
What he told me in private was he will set his up to have a whistle that only his dog can hear.
this way, when Troy and Chip are flying at the same time, his dog will respond and bark when he flips a switch, and turns the Whistle on, for instance ,, just before chip is entering his spins and Snaps
Of course ,,if it is released in 2013 after testing and tweeking ,by then Chip may be retired.
I also believe overall dynamic ballance will be off unless, there are three Ys 110`s running pusher props , using a throttle mix with rudder for stall turns and snaps.
Bryan

Old 08-09-2008, 07:39 PM
MTK

ORIGINAL: flyncajun

Matt
I think Troy is not being Honest on the whistle part.
What he told me in private was he will set his up to have a whistle that only his dog can hear.
this way, when Troy and Chip are flying at the same time, his dog will respond and bark when he flips a switch, and turns the Whistle on, for instance ,, just before chip is entering his spins and Snaps
Of course ,,if it is released in 2013 after testing and tweeking ,by then Chip may be retired.
I also believe overall dynamic ballance will be off unless, there are three Ys 110`s running pusher props , using a throttle mix with rudder for stall turns and snaps.
Bryan

Koooool!! Thanks for the clarification Bryan.
See, I knew Yamada had to be in there somewhere....TN is in good wit dem dare boyz!!!

Matt
Old 08-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Troy Newman

Bryan, and Matt

I think we are onto something.....You know we can't tell all of the super secrets. This is the only photo of the test flight...

Toby is a bit more mellow now. A couple years older and he has a lot less puppy in him now. Typical lazy Bassett hound now. We still have the best home alarm system on the block.....I mean the police department 3 miles away knows when somebody enters my yard. The problem is Toby only sends the Bat signal in 2 and 3 bark bursts. The sheer energy and dB level of each bark can break ear drums.

I never thought about the tuning of the aerodynamic forces to create a genuine dog whistle. This would be like creating the "Brown Noise" like on that South Park episode. I think Toby know a little brown noise action from the clean up I just made in the backyard.

We really need to develop a good movement behind this project. You know what they really need is a logo. A symbol of the movement. How can a guy place a pre-paid order for something without a logo. I don't know how you guys feel but the

Bi 3.6.2.8-GA.FX.123 Super Special 09'

is a little long on the tongue. The Black Magic has the BM and VF3 to go with it. We need an acronym for it. This could play into the logo aspect too. We need a little focus on the issue to get movement going.

any takers?

I know that Mike is busy with a few other projects now. So we need everybody to help out. I know I'm in with my support 100%

Bryan can you handle the finish work? Bryan won't rest until the paint is shaded just perfect and there are no paint lines.

We could get a little Raiko help too. Raiko hooked me up with an Awesome stickplane Euphoria. We all know he's got the skillz too. Gotta give a shout out to Raiko for that gift. Man its cool. We could get him to make the official stick planes to commemorate the movement.

Matt is the composites guy can you take on the super secret composite materials needed? Your consulting effort will be key.

Dean has the graphics.

Mike Mueller? What exactly are you good for? We need ya buddy I just don't know why? Perhaps we can get Santalino too...You guys could be the social committee for the project. This is a Democratic movement, we can't leave any pilot behind. Man this is going to knock the pattern world off its pins.

Of course we have Archie doing the Test flight work. Perhaps him and Danny Landis can both get some time on the prototype while they are out in the Sand Box. Their input will tell the story and help refine the details. Don't hold nothing back boys. This RCU forum we can solve the problems. Perfection is the absolute end boys....we can't stop until its perfect. After all when you are going to make Pattern flying history you have to use a little Shock and Awe.

I think we are well on our way to that, a little testing is needed. We can't stop until its right. I mean this thing has got to be tuned tweaked and wrung out like nothing else has ever before. I know none of the team will sleep until this thing meets the design criteria.

If we can get these guys all worked up to support the movement this is going to turn out like nothing before it.

The Mascot is covered. Well he might sleep a little. But he can be brought to life with a flip of the TX switch.

Name:	Ay75872.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1007706  
Old 08-09-2008, 11:12 PM
rcpattern

Still a better looking airplane than the Euphoria....

Just out of curiousity, since you seem to like taking shots, at Dean and Mike, why don't you air out what your issue is with him? If you are going to take shots at them, the least you can do is share your issue as well. The best I can tell, the guy sells kits to guys who want them that are just as competitive as anything else out there. Just because you pay more, doesn't always make it better. Neither, Mike, Dean, nor anyone else has ever come out and said they are the best planes every designed. Frankly though I'll put it against anything I've ever flown and that includes several Oxai models. There are a lot of guys that have been VERY proud of the planes they have built, and Mike's kits have given them that opportunity. If anything his designs have encouraged people that wouldn't have flown pattern otherwise to take it up. Judging from what I heard and saw on Nats News, there were a lot of them at the NATS this year and they performed rather well. People can build and outfit at least 2 and probably three Black Magic V3's for the cost of one Oxai bipe. Oxai builds some incredible airplanes, but they certainly aren't the only airplanes out there. Last time I checked, the last 2 NATS have been won by Integrals. I didn't see you taking shots at Dave Guerin publicly when his Focus' were everywhere, and you still see a lot of them, and it is still a good flying plane. Believe it or not there are still a lot of people who like to build. I will be the first to admit that I am not one of them, and thankfully Mike will still build airframes for me, and I'll happily fly them as long he does. The guy has a heart as big as a dump truck, and has helped EVERYONE who has asked him...some were MUCH more grateful than others and has come close to literally killing himself several times to meet deadlines. Anyone who TRULY knows Mike and knows what he has to deal with on a personal level with his family should be thankful the guy can find the time to produce one kit, much less enough to satisfy the hundreds who have ordered from him. There also have not been two more helpful and caring people with the situation my wife Tara has been going through for the last year after losing half of her body to a bleed in her brain last fall.

If you don't like the look of planes Dean or Mike do, or you don't like his designs, then don't buy one and don't read their threads. You are very knowledgeable about a lot things, but frankly some of these attacks have made me lose a LOT of respect for you as a person.

You've taken a perfectly good thread about a nice looking plane and turned it into a farce, dragging people into it that had nothing to do with anything. Frankly, Chip, Landis and I have more important things to do while we are over here helping save the lives of american and british troops than test fly a joke for you....

Arch
Old 08-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Troy Newman

Archie,

No shots at all. Man this was intended to be funny. Come on man everything said here has been said before. I just combined it all into something that was funny. I thought you guys would enjoy the comedy. Namely I thought you and Mike would like it. Especially with all the stuff about the Black magic 110 and all. I just figured it was a funny tangent on Bipes. It figured it was " Oh crap now I'll have people asking about the new Bipe" knida thing from Mike. So I made it so over the top it was beyond belief and ludicrous.

Kinda like the Post from Rusty Dose on the Foe-Q

Sorry you didn't see it that way.

I have no problem with lots of guys flying Mike's models. I think its great the more guys with the Vf3 the better. I think he has a successful enterprise there. Business like that is good for pattern. For your information I'm working with a guy here in PHX and he wanted to build something so I told him to get a Black magic. I'm helping him build it now. To have such a model available to a guy at the cost effective level ....man that is a solution Pattern has needed for a long time. I'm not against what is good for pattern. My buddy Rob also has a Focus 2 that is getting finished up now. Just like Piedmont and the Focus I'm always in favor of what is good for pattern. That is why I did the Focus Sport build. When Robert asked me I didn't tell him to buy an Oxai model. For that matter I have never posted anything bad about the Black Magic.

I think we get a little too wrapped up and anal about things. I was just trying to get everybody looking at how intense we get and have some fun with it. Thats all. Nothing in there is a pot shot. nothing was personal, and nothing attacked a person or a model other than the ludicrous biplane I was talking about.

Pattern is about the same thing I have always said before you bring your stuff and I bring mine. Who wins will change from day to day.

That is what competition is all about.

As for the work you and Danny are doing, its great. I was in the USAF and know what its like to serve your country. You of all people stuck in a place like that should be laughing the hardest at this. In fact giggles from you, and Mike were the focus of my postings. You guys were joking around about a new Biplane from Mike and I just thought it would be hilarious to create an over the top post. So you are saying I can't join in. Come on I thought I wrote it so absurdly that it could not be taken as fact or as a hit. Like I said the idea is humor....If anything it might be good for Mike's business.

No malice, why are you getting so worked up. Mike took it as funny, Hell he probably went through about 4 more sheets of plans re-drawing things. Everybody else like Hebert, and Matt, , and Mueller saw it as funny. Even the Aussie Jeff Boyd got a laugh out of it.

I can't understand the reaction...its bi-polar man.

Funny is the intent all the way.

Troy
Old 08-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Troy Newman

Let me just say Arch,

I know we always don't read things the same when we have a bad day. The internet can bring us the words but not the expression on our faces as we offer up comedy.

I never claimed to be a comedian. I just wanted to make you laugh that was all. I hope somebody laughed, I'm sorry you didn't.

Good Luck and Stay Safe

Troy
Old 08-10-2008, 12:35 AM
flyncajun

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Arch ,Mike
I was just funnin,
I didn`t read any ridicule in Troys Post , I about split My side laughing at that picture
I kinda thought it was like the Santa , bunny post Mike and I started on the Worlds topic last year
sorry if I offended anyone

Bryan
Old 08-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Robbidos
My Feedback: (20)

{content of this message made irrevelant due to posting deletions}
Old 08-10-2008, 04:37 AM
Jeff Boyd 2

ORIGINAL: Troy Newman

Let me just say Arch,

I know we always don't read things the same when we have a bad day. The internet can bring us the words but not the expression on our faces as we offer up comedy.

I never claimed to be a comedian. I just wanted to make you laugh that was all. I hope somebody laughed, I'm sorry you didn't.

Good Luck and Stay Safe

Troy
Unfortunately, with the written word . . things can be read out of context to they way they are meant.

I mean . . if we were sitting around having a couple of “orange juices” , the whole story (which was quite enjoyable and humorous I thought) would have been taken in the way it was intended . . BUT reading something over and over, can add distortions that were never meant to be there (for one reason or another?).

e.g. You can have a discussion with somebody . . and then email that discussion to somebody else, and they can get a different slant on what was said . . hence the saying “reading between the lines”. I don’t think there is a saying “listening between the sentences” . .

Anyway . . is there a possibility of the Black Magic getting a sister with two of the nicest set of wings in F3A ??? (PS. that's a play on words )

Cheers, JB
Old 08-10-2008, 05:09 AM
ExFokkerFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought it was funny Troy.

Think we all need to stop taking this stuff (life and pattern) so seriously.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:15 AM
MTK

ORIGINAL: Jeff Boyd 2

ORIGINAL: Troy Newman

Let me just say Arch,

Good Luck and Stay Safe

Troy
Unfortunately, with the written word . . things can be read out of context to they way they are meant.

I mean . . if we were sitting around having a couple of “orange juices” , the whole story (which was quite enjoyable and humorous I thought) would have been taken in the way it was intended . . BUT reading something over and over, can add distortions that were never meant to be there (for one reason or another?).

e.g. You can have a discussion with somebody . . and then email that discussion to somebody else, and they can get a different slant on what was said . . hence the saying “reading between the lines”. I don’t think there is a saying “listening between the sentences” . .

Anyway . . is there a possibility of the Black Magic getting a sister with two of the nicest set of wings in F3A ??? (PS. that's a play on words )

Cheers, JB
Jeff,

I like it!!!!. How's the "Wicked Witch" sound for a name?? Those "wings" must be elliptical

MattK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.