Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

New LEO 110 build

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Captin1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New LEO 110 build

Don't you just hate these computers when it won't let you do something
Old 09-11-2009, 05:10 AM
elvir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i guess that one pic went up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50731.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1272837  
Old 09-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Captin1

Damn thats looks Good
Old 09-14-2009, 07:41 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Timmy,

Why don't you bring the Leo down to St. Clairsville on Oct. 17th for the aerobatics and trimming seminar?
Old 09-15-2009, 02:56 AM
greg_m

Hi Guys

Pity you did not refer back to my first post on this thread ... been through all of the landing gear and fast landing issues = you were advised!!!

"Definitely agree with strengthening the landing gear area - well we in south africa actually ended up swopping the carbon landing gear for aluminium and also increasing the size of the wheels - we flew off bumpy grass, old rubber conveyor belt, tarmac and cement runways around the country - because the slightest wrong landing and they split through!!! It's kinda fast on landing so learn to slow up and glide/flare it a long ways out. And with the airbus using up all carbon stock!!! it costs plenty to replace :-( "

She really is alovely plane and flies so smoothly but landing gear mounting area and actual landing require good attention and concentration"

I also moved my throttle into the fuselage as it was getting full of fuel residue and closer to the vibration caused it to malfunction.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:46 AM
elvir

hi greg , elvir here in croatia , i used the same fiberglass gear that my 27% cap 232 uses , and it is grate . it raised the plane so i could put a apc 16x6 prop with better clerance and it is unbelivable in how it absorbes the bumpy grass and a harder landings , i broke the landing gear because i had a dead stick as i was taking off and the plane was 10 feet in the air and as it came down i hit a pach of tall roots with one whelle and put the wheele pant threw the wing. and it also looks good with the white landing gear.i did do some reading up on the leo and did all the little fixes befor i flew it.i am verry happy with the leo.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:39 AM
greg_m

hey elvir - yes its an awsome plane... just remember the taller / wider the landing gear the greater the moment arm forces that put excessive torque forces into the landing gear mounting area. Unfortunatley as I have learned = you beef up one area it just transfers the damage to the next weakest place !![:'(]

That ahppened to me with my H9 P47. I put thicker legs into the landing gear retracts as i thought the original supply was to flimsy. Had a dead stick out in the field, landed wheels down in what looked like a good patch only to find a steel irrigation pipe hiding in the grass. Instead of bending the legs back it ripped the whole mounting right out the wing... I was so pissed ... oops hope the profanity does not offend!!!

Happy landings, fly well
Old 09-18-2009, 02:35 AM
elvir

I am finally uploading my leo vid some slow fly bys and close up of the saito idling. I did get the wheel pant fixed since the vid . yh Greg i did reinforce the inside of the landing gear strut area and the side walls inside , that held up grate no cracks or splits , but the bottom of the plane was impregnated with some thing so the resin did not hold on good so I sanded it and impregnated it my self . Now it is perfect. I did lower the front of the engine to see if that will help with keeping the plane flying level at idle , and mix elevator at full gas for now or I will change the mount to a hard mount at a later date.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:07 AM
elvir

well finaly up here is where to find the vid of my leo . as i go back to see it flying , it sure is one of my pest flying plane . sorry for any misspelled words if you guys pick up any, let me know what you think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEUE0x_O444
Old 09-19-2009, 02:26 AM
greg_m

hey elvir = looks good! definitely can see why your plane needs the flexible long gear. Makes me very happy about my clubs 80 metre long flat by 8 metre wide concrete runway
Old 09-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Captin1

I might try to do that
I got to test fly it again since the nose was knocked off I repaired it
Old 09-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Captin1

I see you plane flying good
your field reminds me of the farm field I fly from sometimes
Old 09-27-2009, 09:09 AM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Captin1

I might try to do that
I got to test fly it again since the nose was knocked off I repaired it
The date has been changed to the 17th, bring your plane and we'll show you how to get it trimmed. We will have a Masters pilot and an FAI pilot on hand to teach.

go to the thread about the seminar and contact me if you are coming since I need to have an accurate head count so I print enough material for handouts.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:11 AM
Captin1

well the plane is all back together after being banged up
I will install the reciever hook up the throttle and
I will do a engine run prop change also 15/8
than to do a test flight to see if anything has changed
getting ready to go to ST Clairsville OH on oct 17