Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Northern NSRCA D5 pattern seminar

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Northern NSRCA D5 pattern seminar

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 07:25 PM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Northern NSRCA D5 pattern seminar

I'd like to invite everyone and anyone interested to seminar/judging certification on May 16th here in Hoffman Estates Il.
The seminar is being hosted by Mickey and I. We will be flying at the Shoe Factory field in the afternoon. See the flyer attached for the details. Please remember to RSVP me if your coming. I have a contingency plan for a larger facility if the crowd exceeds this ones limit so I need to know as soon as possible if you think you can make it.
Registration will be at the door to the room at 8AM Saturday.
I will have a thread on RCU about it if you want to participate in a open discussion.

Thanks, Mike Mueller
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51889.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1175346  
Old 04-08-2009, 08:43 AM
jlkonn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Northern NSRCA D5 pattern seminar

Hey Mike!
Count me as RSVP!
The seminar you and Chris held last rules cycle was really great and I know this one with you an Mickey will be just as good!
Maybe we'll test fly a couple "Sickles" afterwards?
[X(]
JLK
Old 04-08-2009, 09:02 AM
mups53

The motel is only about a mile from our field. If anyone wants to come in early let me know we can tear it up on Friday and yes test the Sickle's and Passports and Sparks and whatever else is new.
We will go out to the famous Assembly restaurant on Friday evening and get BIONIC BURGERS!!!! They are worth the trip to Chicago or in this case suburban Chicago. They are so big they put portable diffibulators next to the tables when they serve them.
Also our field is being considered for the pattern event in the 2016 Olympics that they are for sure having here. Wink wink!! Mike
Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 AM
BERUSTY
My Feedback: (3)

Pattern Seminar

Fantastic, thanks for putting this event together.

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba
Team YS Parts and Service
Classically Minded
Old 04-08-2009, 09:57 AM
BERUSTY

Pattern Seminar

A must attend event!

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba

Old 04-09-2009, 11:28 AM
BERUSTY

NSRCA District 5 Pattern Clinic

Webster's Collegiate "Pattern" Dictionary has a special entry under "sportsmanship"

Sportsmanship- n sports-man-ship: conduct (as fairness, respect for one's opponent, and graciousness in winning or losing) becoming to one participating in a sport. Specific examples: Mickey Lasardo and Mike Mueller

There has to be a reason that the most concentrated collection of Master's pilots, of any club, in the USA (maybe the world) is in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. One must experience the "Chicago Mafia"...saturday mornings in Mickey's garage, lunch and productive practice afterwards.

Your decision to attend will confirm your personal commitment to reach your potential, participate in thoughtful conversations about the manuevers and meet some good people who are also fine pilots.

AND...

Each registered (paid) participant will be included in a raffle to win an extremely rare "Official 2009 USA F3A Team" t-shirt in XXL provided by my little boys who love to go to Mickey's also!!

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba
USA, Home of the 2011 USA World Championships

Name:	Hf98478.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1176562   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mx24279.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1176563  
Old 04-09-2009, 11:56 AM
mups53

Thanks for the shirt donation Rusty that's really nice.
I will also have the new District 5 t shirts long sleeve and short for sale at the event. They have been nicely designed by my very talented friend Dean Funk.
Presales have been very brisk on the shirts but I should have plenty left.
We hope the event can be beneficial for many. We are going to be graced with the presence of a few IMAC flyers who see the commonality that our interests share.
This said the main focus of this event will be Precision Aerobatics.

Name:	Ca80463.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1176569  
Old 04-09-2009, 12:06 PM
mups53

Oh yeah one more thing if you want a shirt or 2 sooner or can't make it to the event let me know. I will be shipping sometime next week and you can order thru me at
[email protected]
thanks, Mike

Name:	Xv65204.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	1176577  
Old 04-09-2009, 02:05 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: mups53

Thanks for the shirt donation Rusty that's really nice.
I will also have the new District 5 t shirts long sleeve and short for sale at the event. They have been nicely designed by my very talented friend Dean Funk.
Presales have been very brisk on the shirts but I should have plenty left.
We hope the event can be beneficial for many. We are going to be graced with the presence of a few IMAC flyers who see the commonality that our interests share.
This said the main focus of this event will be Precision Aerobatics.
Dean is a pretty talented little punk monkey....

I wish I was closer to you guys to be able to attend. It was cool seeing you at Comair last year.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:18 AM
mups53

Just got off the phone with the LaQuinta and they quoted me a room rate of $39 a night for Friday the 15th. That's for a double.
Their phone number is 847 882 3312.
I had looked into getting a larger and nicer conference room at the Hyatt Place hotel next door but they insisted on providing the F+B service which was overpriced. I was suprised that they didn't feel the need to negotiate since I can't imagine too many groups wanting it this late. At the LaQuinta I can bring in coffee donuts and drinks. Hopefully the room at the LaQuinta will be big enough.
I was also thinking that anyone who wanted to peddle pattern only related items could make a list and distribute it at the conference. That may be a good way to help someone and get rid of some unwanted items at the same time. Just an idea does anyone have any thoughts on that?
Thanks, Mike
Cell # 847 507 4373 if you need any further details.
Get the word out if you can please.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:06 PM
ENO
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Mike,
Looking forward to this seminar. Is the agenda the same as the last one you did? Anything new?
You did a great job with the last one!

Doc
Old 04-27-2009, 08:16 PM
mups53

Hey Doc yes the agenda is similar. If you have any ideas for anything different than let me know. I also invite others to bring things of interest or prepare something to say.
I just noticed a typo on my last post that says the room rate is $30 it was supposed to be $39. See you guys there in less than 3 weeks now.
Don't forget to bring your planes to go out Saturday afternoon. Mike
Old 05-12-2009, 03:04 PM
mups53

I'm working on the agenda and I'd like to know if anyone has anything in particular they would like to see covered? Has anyone from outside the area been to a similar type meeting and liked or disliked anything about it? If so chime in. Thanks
So far looks to be in the range of about 25 people showing up. Plenty of room for more so if your sitting on the fence com'on down!!!!!
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.
Have a great day, Mike Mueller
Old 05-14-2009, 07:53 PM
mups53

Anyone coming in early can join us for dinner at the Assembly Bar and Grill which is across the street from the La Quinta hotel. It's on the Northeast corner of Hassle and Barrington roads.
We'll be there around 6:30.
http://usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/c...t=Get+Forecast
Weather doesn't look that great for the weekend but we still may get in some flying tomorrow afternoon at the Shoe Factory field so join us if you feel brave. Mike
Old 05-16-2009, 06:19 PM
jlkonn
My Feedback: (1)

Just walked in the door from the drive back from the Northern D5judges certification.
Thanks to the Chicago crew for another great seminar! Special thanks to Mike and Mickey and thanks to both of you and Frankie for taking me for
the Cardiac Burger last night!
Great time!
Thanks!
JLK