Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Does this sound like your club?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 04:23 AM
Mttvannest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does this sound like your club?

I would like to enter my twin slow poker in the pattern contest this year, dad would like to enter his L4 grass hopper as well. We aspire to be pattern snobs and enjoy flying with you in St.C! Best club I've ever been in, short of the ones with naked girls!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:01 AM
RC11
My Feedback: (7)

Matt,
Would love to have you! You'll have to bring your own naked girls though. I promise I won't peek.
Come down and fly with us.
Rick
Old 04-08-2010, 07:09 AM
rebelabc

ive writdten to dave before about issues dealing with flight that had a lot of money to a cheap slot car set..Everything always replied back with the utmost of professionalism and a bit of personal dedication to whatever i either asked or posted..and believe me in tdhis economy no one even in the rc group has much to pass around or spend...especially with those with families...bottom line..Dave is the man...real cool
Old 04-08-2010, 08:43 AM
dalolyn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Capitals, spell check, punctuation, grammar. thses aer ala impotent tings ?"'.,
Old 04-08-2010, 09:42 AM
AAbdu
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rick,
I just have one question for you....

Do you have any Gray Poupon?

Actually, the Aurora club Mark, Jim, Mike Kilein, and I fly at has been great!! There are only about 12 to 15 active non pattern members and they all have a pretty healthy respect for what we do and will generally work into the rotation. We rarely have more than one plane in the air at a time and it all seems to work great. On the other hand, we (the pattern contingent) work hard to be respectful of their right to the field. It is not uncommon for all pattern flying to stop while a member takes a flight or two with his heli or sportplane. I hope things stay they way they are.

In the end I believe it is all about mutual respect and good ol' fashion common courtesy.

Anthony
Old 04-08-2010, 10:24 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Rick,

You have an easy solution if you wanted it. You have the airport right there and flying there is no problem.

Arch
Old 04-08-2010, 11:15 AM
RC11

I have always had the "Ruby Slippers"! This letter came with much surprise and most likely comes from a lawnchair pilot anyway.
I have a personal invitation to fly on a paved 3500' runway anytime I want but choose to fly with my friends both pattern and sport flyers at our field. This field is 600'x 100' of unobstructed green beauty that looks like something off of Realflight. We use it for free and all the owner asks is that we take care of it, and we do. Dave is one of the most accomodating,knowledgable and friendly people I've ever had the fortune to know. Scott is like the 2x4 in the wall you don't see but holds things up and keeps them from collapsing in on you. Both these guys just so happen to be aspiring pattern flyers as am I. There will always be someone not happy and to them I wish the best of luck finding a new field.
Good Luck,
Rick
If you want to see the elite pattern snobs and our field, search St.Clairsville Pattern Contest.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Columbus Ron

Rick, your club should require that everyone wear sponge bob pants. It worked for the Aurora club. Now only pattern flyers fly there

Old 04-08-2010, 12:55 PM
RC11

I'll run that by "The Dictator". Where did Anthony find those digs anyway?
RC
Old 04-08-2010, 01:02 PM
rcpattern

ORIGINAL: Columbus Ron

Rick, your club should require that everyone wear sponge bob pants. It worked for the Aurora club. Now only pattern flyers fly there

Not real sure that can be taken as a positive for Mike, Mark, and Jim.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:01 AM
AAbdu
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A atrict dress code wouldn't hurt

Only one person in the vicinity need wear the pants by the way, they are like a talisman that wards off evil sport flyer spirits. It just so happens that I am the one that has to take one for the team, I contribute when and where I can. Wait until you see my all scrub wardrobe for this season. I have kept the kids in the factory busy all winter long.

Arch,
Are you headed up to Toledo this weekend? Will Tara be in tow?

AA
Old 04-09-2010, 10:32 AM
rcpattern

Anthony,

Initially that was the thought, however there is a contest near Myrtle Beach next weekend, so I could either come to Toledo this weekend or go to Myrtle Beach next weekend. I'll let you figure out which one I'm going to do when you don't see me this weekend

Unfortunately Tara wont be with me for that one as her and the kids don't move until June 11.

Arch
Old 04-10-2010, 08:53 PM
alpoman

I think mandatory Sponge Bob attire would be great. RC11 and I are looking for a supplier. Help us find one Anthony.

Take Care all and have fun. Hope to see you this summer with or without Sponge Bob pants.

Dave
Old 04-11-2010, 08:59 AM
RC11

I think the dictator should at least madate that pants must we worn when flying at the field! I have been caught more than once with my pants down. Once I was flying my old Somethin Extra and my pants fell off but with my superb flying skills was still able to land. The pants get caught up in the grass anyway. Quess where my pants were.....

"Pants on the Ground"!!!!

RC
Old 04-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Patterndude1

Ya its the same thing for the our club in Sulphur.. They say the pattern pilots do absolutetly nothing for the airfield and thats false.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:02 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Wow I feel lucky to be in my club. We have at least 100 members and share the field with a second club of about 30 guys. Plus our field is public and anyone is allowed to fly there so many don't belong either.
For the most part we all get along and we have at least 15 active pattern flyers at our field. We have a growing IMAC 3D deal going on but we seem to co exist well. On crowded weekends when we want to practice we have to fight the elements of lots of guys in the air but I would never ask a sport flyer to wait on me. I just can't see how thats fair.
I think that flying with distractions improves your skills. It forces you to concentrate more. Now when the pattern guys are up we fly 1 at a time because of the use of the same air space. When we really get crowded the pattern guys fly 2 at a time but we have our flight lines 90 degrees off from each other.
I think that co existing has a lot to do with how you approach people. The nicer the better.
Then there are people who are just jerks. Usually they get the cold shoulder and leave. rarely does a jerk last long.
Mike
Old 04-20-2010, 10:10 AM
Patterndude1

I agree with you Mike, there are always the jerks. lol
Old 04-20-2010, 11:29 AM
dreadnaut
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: mups53

Wow I feel lucky to be in my club. We have at least 100 members and share the field with a second club of about 30 guys. Plus our field is public and anyone is allowed to fly there so many don't belong either.
I used to fly at a place like this - two clubs, no membership in either, or AMA, required - and it was anything but the happiest place on earth. The were always tempers flaring, and even an occasional fist fight. I Google earthed Hoffman Estates, suspecting you were fairly rural, and was surprised to see it in suburban Chicago. The field I am talking about, Sepulveda Basin, is in suburban LA, and is a real zoo. I would often drive an hour to fly my pattern plane out in the desert rather than put up with the crowd there.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:57 AM
mups53

ORIGINAL: dreadnaut

ORIGINAL: mups53

I used to fly at a place like this - two clubs, no membership in either, or AMA, required - and it was anything but the happiest place on earth. The were always tempers flaring, and even an occasional fist fight. I Google earthed Hoffman Estates, suspecting you were fairly rural, and was surprised to see it in suburban Chicago. The field I am talking about, Sepulveda Basin, is in suburban LA, and is a real zoo. I would often drive an hour to fly my pattern plane out in the desert rather than put up with the crowd there.
Sepuleda Basin is propably the most famous field in America. I've heard stories about it from many people. Zoo is about right.
While Hoffman Estates is in an area of 8 million people we are fortunate to have a myriad of public fields available. They are all part of the Forest Preserve of Cook or many call it Crook county. We're pretty lucky for sure. Mike
Old 04-22-2010, 02:46 PM
dobro
My Feedback: (3)

I have been a member now for 3 years at this field. I Think we have a great bunch of guys with different interest. That's OK. You Pattern guys that come to our field bring it on! I enjoyed meeting you last year and think your a great bunch. You guys from Pittsburgh that came to our picnic last year with the big planes. Bring it on. 99% of the people really enjoyed it. Dave our president this year is the kind of guy that I am grateful that our paths have crossed in this lifetime. Many others, you know who you are have become good friends. If the guy who wrote the letter wants center field, fine, I'll fly at the end of the field. I've been to most meetings and I feel anything could of been brought up at anytime. We can get along with common courtesy. If you feel you need to leave . It's OK. Best of luck to you. Look at this field. You can fly several planes at once. Here is also a pic of last years pattern guys and gals.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78757.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	1422876   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg14866.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	1422877  
Attached Images  
Old 04-22-2010, 03:18 PM
mups53

Now that's what I call a beautiful flying site.
How could anyone living in that environment be anything but nice. Fight traffic everywhere you go in a Metro area like I live in and see what it'll do to your Mr Nice Guy approach to life.
Man you guys are lucky and I'm offically jealous.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:09 AM
RC11

Mike,
See you in late August? StC. contest last weekend in Aug. If there is no conflict in your division we sure would like to see the Chicago Boys.
It really is a great place to fly. 2 miles off of I-70 and 10 minutes from a restraunt or hotel of your choice. And dare I mention we are famous for our eats too.
Thanks for the compliments on our field.
Rick
Old 04-23-2010, 07:37 AM
rcpattern

CHICKEN MAN, CHICKEN MAN!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:49 AM
RC11

WORLD FAMOUS HOUSTON'S CHICKEN and MISS CATHIE'S HOT SAUSAGE and FIXENS!! And a GREAT PATTERN CONTEST TOO!!!

RC
Old 04-23-2010, 07:58 AM
rcpattern

I am planning on making it this year.

Arch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.