RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   18th Pattern by the Bay Contest - Richmond, CA (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/11028968-18th-pattern-bay-contest-richmond-ca.html)

riot3d 04-05-2012 12:11 AM

18th Pattern by the Bay Contest - Richmond, CA

It is hard to believe this will be our final year to host a pattern contest at our Richmond field. We have received an eviction notice from the East Bay Regional Parks Department advising us we have to vacate the premises after June 4th. Unfortunately, after many years of negotiation, they refuse neither to incorporate us into their system nor have any interest on helping us to relocate.

This year's contest will be on 5/5 - 6, attached link to the contest flyer - http://www.rcpilot.com/eventFlyers/184/2012%20BARCS.pdf

We will try to finish 4 rounds on Saturday, so pilots can make their return trip early on Sunday. If weather permits, flying will start at 9 on Saturday. Otherwise, we'll wait till the morning sun is out of the way.

Unfortunately, we're not able to provide lunch on both days. Therefore, please bring your own. However, there are a number of fast food restaurants within 10 minutes drive from the field.

Sportsman is allowed to fly any AMA legal planes - maximum 98db noise limitation on all planes.

FAI will be flying 4 rounds of P-13, and 2 rounds of F-13 with the best 3 of P-13 counting and the best F round counting to total up for the final score.

This will be Derek Koopowitz's 18th year as a CD, and my 17th as his assistant. We have had some real good contests in the past and hope to see many of you this year to join us celebrate and bit a fond farewell to this great flying site.

The field will be open for practice on Friday after 11:30. Any question please contact either:-

Adrian Wong - [email protected]

or

Derek Koopowitz - [email protected]

Hope to see you all.

Adrian

riot3d 04-05-2012 12:15 AM

RE: 18th Pattern by the Bay Contest - Richmond, CA

1 Attachment(s)
CD Derek is seen here practicing the F-15 to stay ahead of the game, with his caller Lulu faithfully chasing away paparazzi photographers & signature seekers.

riot3d 04-05-2012 12:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My fellow Team ACME member - Don Atwood - seen here calling the wrong maneuver for our buddy - Bill Sneed. Definitely no Rhoadies for you on Saturday after the rounds ... :)

Surefire 04-05-2012 07:22 AM

Adrian - Well, it looks like our 3rd Annual "Last" Pattern by the Bay contest is really going to be the "Last" one! It's really too bad that the Parks Department are being such wankers! Anyway, all of us "South Bay" people will be there to fly and celebrate the end of an era!

Thanks,

Derek.Koopowitz 04-05-2012 12:05 PM

Thanks for posting this, Adrian...

You can register for the event by going to the [link=http://www.rcpilot.com/event_details.cfm?event_id=184]NSRCA Events[/link] page and filling out the registration information.

We hope to make this a "bang-up" last event for BARCS... good weather/flying and a time to kick off the 2012 season for us in the northern part of the district.

See you all in May!

riot3d 04-05-2012 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Surefire

Adrian - Well, it looks like our 3rd Annual ''Last'' Pattern by the Bay contest is really going to be the ''Last'' one! It's really too bad that the Parks Department are being such wankers! Anyway, all of us ''South Bay'' people will be there to fly and celebrate the end of an era!

Thanks,
As usual, you'll be in charge of the bar, Sheriff ...

Surefire 04-09-2012 09:15 AM

I can do that!

n233w 04-17-2012 02:50 PM

Aerial views of this awesome field on a practice flight from last summer from my late 62" Osiris:

http://youtu.be/9Xw_5vVCpGs

I look forward to meeting/seeing you there!

Bill

riot3d 04-17-2012 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: n233w

Aerial views of this awesome field on a practice flight from last summer from my late 62'' Osiris:

Did you order the replacement parts?

Adrian

Derek.Koopowitz 04-17-2012 10:04 PM

Great views!

n233w 04-18-2012 07:11 AM

Yes, Adrian, I did - Thanks. The tube was out of stock so only shipped yesterday, but I should be in the air in a couple of days (AFTER I run a thorough preflight checklist!).

ORIGINAL: riot3d

ORIGINAL: n233w

Aerial views of this awesome field on a practice flight from last summer from my late 62'' Osiris:

Did you order the replacement parts?

Adrian

woodie 04-18-2012 06:24 PM

I had a chance to fly at the BARCs field with Adrian Wong and Bill Sneed a couple weeks ago. Still a beautiful place, weather was great, sailboats in the 'Bay', Mount Tam on the west side of the Bay. Cool.

Woodie
Team Acme LG
Team Blenderm

riot3d 04-29-2012 11:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a quick reminder, the Pattern by the Bay Contest is this coming weekend. Long term forecast calls for sunny weather both Saturday & Sunday, with slight breeze from the North, the field will be open for practice after 12:30 on Friday. If you want to be there earlier, please contact me at - [email protected].

Hope to see you there.

Adrian

Derek.Koopowitz 04-30-2012 05:49 AM

Contest registration is available at http://www.rcpilot.com/event_details.cfm?event_id=184 - click on the Pilot Registration link below the map.

n233w 04-30-2012 06:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Derek.Koopowitz

Contest registration is available at http://www.rcpilot.com/event_details.cfm?event_id=184 - click on the Pilot Registration link below the map.
Online registration - Cool!

Bill
<br type="_moz" />

Derek.Koopowitz 04-30-2012 07:36 AM

Weather forecast for this weekend is supposed to be terrific! This should be a blast!!

woodie 04-30-2012 02:21 PM

Blue skies with the Bay in the background.... WOW!!!

For those of you that are staying over Saturday night, where are you staying? Dinner anyone?

Woodie

Derek.Koopowitz 04-30-2012 02:27 PM

ORIGINAL: woodie

For those of you that are staying over Saturday night, where are you staying? Dinner anyone?

Kris F. and few of us were talking about heading to Nantucket Fish Market for dinner on Saturday - that's the little place under the Carquinez Bridge in Crockett.

riot3d 04-30-2012 03:45 PM

Woodie
San Rafael Joe's, where else ... :-)

woodie 04-30-2012 04:01 PM

Choices, choices..... Joe's or Nantucket hard to decide

Woodie

riot3d 04-30-2012 04:25 PM

Don't forget both the Coyote & the Road Runner will be at Joe's, Woodie!

woodie 05-01-2012 06:14 PM

Is there going to be a Cinco de Mayo parade at the field on Saturday? Margaritas on tap? ;-)

Woodie

riot3d 05-01-2012 08:18 PM

Is there going to be a Cinco de Mayo parade at the field on Saturday? Margaritas on tap? ;-)

Woodie
I think Sparky Capone will be providing us with Coronas in addition to the Sheriff's Rhoadies ... :D

n233w 05-02-2012 07:49 AM

In honor of the day and the great years at a great field coming to a close, I will bring limes, salt, a shot glass and a bottle which may contain something in particular.

Bill

ORIGINAL: riot3d

Woodie
I think Sparky Capone will be providing us with Coronas in addition to the Sheriff's Rhoadies ... :D

jon bruml 05-02-2012 03:05 PM

Not nearly as exciting as Rhoadies or an "interesting" bottle but lisa will be making her "crack" muffins for a Sat am snack