Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Why Futaba does not offer BNF?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 03:00 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why Futaba does not offer BNF?????

ORIGINAL: Bruno Stachel

''you need to use tactic Rx's of course''

Otherwise, the receivers that come with the PZ BNF micros will work?
no, you would need to use tactic RX.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:12 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So, is there a module for my 6EX? Then I can use it for a couple of PZ micros I have? And, is there a module for my older DX6 (no i, just 6)?
If your 6EX is 2.4 you don't need one
Old 01-15-2012, 07:37 PM
rfk1381
My Feedback: (7)

Uhh, sorry for jumping in late and asking a dumb question, but here goes.

What is the Hobbico/Futaba "FTR" product line?

I can't find anything mentioning "FTR" on Futaba, Hobbico or Tower websites...

(Please keep any flaming to a tolerable level.)

:-P

...Ron
Old 01-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Silent-AV8R

Not sure if this is the FTR or not but there is a new line of models. They are called "Tx-R" for transmitter ready. Here is what is available so far:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...Tx-R&search=Go

http://www.heliplane.net/2012/01/fly...x-r-airplanes/
Old 01-15-2012, 10:18 PM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

So, is there a module for my 6EX? Then I can use it for a couple of PZ micros I have? And, is there a module for my older DX6 (no i, just 6)?

If your 6EX is 2.4 you don't need one

Minn, thats not correct.

All radio's will require the AnyLink Module. SOme will not require the additional cable to link the trainer port to the Anylink module. The Anylink module plugs straight into the 6EX, 7C/9C, 8FG, 10C, 12fg and 18MZ. If you use a 12Z or 14MZ you need an adaptor cable.

see here:http://www.tx-ready.com/anylink-chart.html

FTR is Futaba Transmitter Ready i.e. it is a Futaba sponsored programme with its participating distributors whereby they package a plane with servo's and Rx ready to be bound to a Futaba radio. It will be branded Futaba not Tactic (Thats a Tower Hobbies brand).
FTR will be available through any Futaba retailer.

SO some will now complain of the conflict of interest between Hobbico setting up two competing systems.
Well remember one is a generic system that works by plugging in a module into the trainer port of any radio wile the other requires a dedicated brand Tx. There is always a market for people who want Futaba Just as there is a market for people who only want JR, or Hitec, or Spektrum.

One is a product that allows people with Horizon hobbies Tx to be able to purchase a Hobbico aircraft and bind to it without having to purchase a Futaba Radio.
With FTR you will need to have a Futaba Radio FHSS / S-FHSS compatible.

I can see Anylink Tx-R being very popular...
<edited to remove reference to tower Hobbies only availability. Anylink is available through any Hobbico retailer appearently>
Old 01-16-2012, 07:13 AM
MinnFlyer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I stand corrected
Old 01-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Skaluf

FTR is Futaba Transmitter Ready. These will be aircraft or vehicles that are ready to go with a Futaba receiver already installed. All that you would have to do is link your transmitter to the included vehicle and go fly/run. These models are just now starting to be available and will be produced by many manufacturers world-wide. All will use Futaba FHSS protocol. http://www.futabarc.com/technology/fhss.html

Tx-R (and AnyLink) is another very cool idea and is produced by us here at Hobbico. You simply plug the little AnyLink device into the trainer or DSC port of almost any brand transmitter and you can then fly a host of Tx-R aircraft from Flyzone or Great Planes. For a limited time AnyLink even comes free with several of our Tx-R aircraft. http://www.tx-ready.com

I hope this explains it. Both really make it easy to get in the air/drive with your existing transmitter.

Steve

ORIGINAL: rfk1381

Uhh, sorry for jumping in late and asking a dumb question, but here goes.

What is the Hobbico/Futaba ''FTR'' product line?

I can't find anything mentioning ''FTR'' on Futaba, Hobbico or Tower websites...

(Please keep any flaming to a tolerable level.)

:-P

...Ron
Old 01-16-2012, 12:53 PM
ncsky

Steve,

If you have a Futaba transmitter like the 6J will you be able to fly the transmitter ready models that work with theAnyLink system? I know the AnyLink uses a tactic receiver, I was just unclear if the Futaba transmitter works directly with the tactic receivers or you will still need the AnyLink on a 6J to fly the transmitter ready models,not a bad thing since with both 6J and AnyLink there will hopefully be alot of planes to fly

Thank You.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Bruno Stachel

Thanks TimBle and MinnFlyer.

Steve, If I read this correctly, I should be able to use the Anylink on a Futaba or Spektrum radio, and be able to fly Flyzone or GP models only. No Park Zone BNF's?

I have a Spektrum DX6 2.4 DSM transmitter, and a Futaba 2.4 EX FASST transmitter. Are they AnyLink compatible? If so, could I buy one AnyLink device and two adapter cables (one for the Spektrum and one for the Futaba)?
Old 01-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Steve, If I read this correctly, I should be able to use the Anylink on a Futaba or Spektrum radio, and be able to fly Flyzone or GP models only. No Park Zone BNF's?

I have a Spektrum DX6 2.4 DSM transmitter, and a Futaba 2.4 EX FASST transmitter. Are they AnyLink compatible? If so, could I buy one AnyLink device and two adapter cables (one for the Spektrum and one for the Futaba)?
This chart:

http://www.tx-ready.com/anylink-chart.html

will tell you what you need to operate the AnyLink module with your transmitter. If you have a DX6, DX6i, or DX7, you don't need to purchase anything additional to the AnyLink module. Same for your 6EX transmitter (I think that's what you meant).

Old 01-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Skaluf

Futaba system do not work with Tx-R models without the AnyLink device. You simply plug AnyLink into the trainer/DSC port and you are ready to roll.

Tx-R has any excellent web site that will answer all of your questions, as well as show you the current (and ever expanding) selection of aircraft.

http://www.tx-ready.com/

Steve

ORIGINAL: ncsky

Steve,

If you have a Futaba transmitter like the 6J will you be able to fly the transmitter ready models that work with the AnyLink system? I know the AnyLink uses a tactic receiver, I was just unclear if the Futaba transmitter works directly with the tactic receivers or you will still need the AnyLink on a 6J to fly the transmitter ready models,not a bad thing since with both 6J and AnyLink there will hopefully be alot of planes to fly [img][/img]

Thank You.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:01 PM
frivera12

Are the Futaba FTR's going to be the same products(same airplanes)as the TX-R's??
Old 01-16-2012, 03:44 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Correct. You will still be out in the cold regarding use of the Parkzone Ultra Micros (Beast, Sbach, Taxi, Gee Bee, Vapor, etc.) since these include ultra small receiver and integrated servos and ESCs.

For the larger planes you will need to buy a receiver to use it with the planes which come with standard receivers, then exchange the Spektrum receiver for whatever brand the Any supports. Or purchase the PNP version instead of BNF. This applies to the numerous Blade helis, too. Those with integrated receiver/ESC/gyro systems such as the MCPX, MSR, etc. will not be usable.

Andy
Old 01-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Skaluf

Bruno,

You are correct on all counts. Pretty cool isn't it? Flyzone and Great Plane will have an ever increasing number of Tx-R aircraft coming to the market (we already have a large amount). Since none of our aircraft need additional expensive electronics to make them fly properly, the cost remains low, and the quality high. Getting AnyLink free right now with an aircraft is an extra added bonus in my opinion.

I'm pretty proud to be part of the company that has brought Tx-R, AnyLink and is helping to bring FTR (Futaba Transmitter Ready) to the market.

I guarantee you I'll have AnyLink plugged into my 14MZ at E-Fest this year flying the Micro Super Cub and maybe the F-86. BTW, the F-86 has to be seen to be believed. Real, discreet, servos, a very efficient fan and motor system and a host of other features will make this little bird a favorite of many for years to come.

Steve

Old 01-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Bruno Stachel

Thanks Andy and Steve. Really appreciate the help.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on the Dr.1. And now the F-86, another historical favorite! You guys are killing me! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 01-17-2012, 01:39 AM
TimBle

ORIGINAL: frivera12

Are the Futaba FTR's going to be the same products(same airplanes)as the TX-R's??

Iwould hazard a guess and say yes but they wil likely be more "high end" i.e. with extra features like perhaps a S-Bus and telemetry enabled Rx, Futaba ESC and Futaba electric motor and a futaba LiPo included in the package. Telemetry will likely be a add on package on the more expensive FTRplanes.
The T6J and T8Jare already S-bus enabled and have Rx that are s-bus as well so this is one way to sell the s_bus concept through a FTRplane. The lack of wiring wil also neaten up some of those more complex aircraft with narrow fuselage like e.g a P-38 park flyer.
With a Futaba ESC and electric motor the telemetry only need plug into the s-bus network.

Isuspect the FTRstuff will also filter from the Electrifly arsenal fist before Flyzone.

So Ipredict you wil have the choic of somethn like a F-86 in either Tx-R or FTR dependng on how complex a foamie you want or how whether you want to keep your Other brand radio and link the plane up to that instead (With Anylink).

Want the witness the full power of Futaba operational gear, you'll need to get FTR.

This is more choice from Hobbico than any other distributor
Old 01-17-2012, 07:21 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

guessing ,suspecting and predicting -
I will go with Bax's facts
Old 01-17-2012, 08:08 AM
TimBle

oh hi fanboy, still licking your wound?

never the less, I too would prefer Hobbico facts but till FTR is launched its going to be unclear isn't it...
Old 01-17-2012, 08:23 AM
Skaluf

FTR (Futaba Transmitter Ready) is not locked into one type of aircraft or vehicle, or a particular price point. It can be whatever the manufacturer desires it to be, from very simple surface vehicles to much more complicated aircraft. Duratrax has already produced a couple of vehicles that are FTR. While these currently come with a transmitter they can still be linked to a Futaba system like the 4PL.

http://www.duratrax.com/vehicles/ele...ess/index.html
http://www.duratrax.com/vehicles/ele...bug/index.html

Needless to say, there are a lot of products in the works that will take advantage of FTR.

Steve
Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 AM
TimBle

sounds even better!

Old 01-17-2012, 10:27 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No wounds here
"wonder" boy.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Skaluf

Hey guys, I did not start this thread, but can I ask that we remain civil to each other in it? I see no reason for name calling or anything of the kind. If you are not interested in the products; head for another thread. If you are interested we will do our best to get good information to you. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Steve
Old 01-17-2012, 11:15 AM
overbored77
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: Skaluf

Hey guys, I did not start this thread, but can I ask that we remain civil to each other in it? I see no reason for name calling or anything of the kind. If you are not interested in the products; head for another thread. If you are interested we will do our best to get good information to you. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Steve
Steve i am very interested in the TXR line. I will be buying a TXR switch as soon as it is avalable. Are there any indoor aerobatic 4 channel models in the
works, maybe an extra, yak or MX2. I am changing over to the Aurora 9 in all my larger planes, it looks like my 9C will be used as more than a
backup radio.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Skaluf

There are a lot of aircraft in the works for the Tx-R lineup. Our policies do not allow for us to discuss new products prior to their release however. I know I'm pretty excited about all of the possibilities with both the Tx-R line and the FTR lines. Lots of great stuff on the way. Although 12 aircraft for the launch of Tx-R is not too shabby!

Steve

ORIGINAL: overbored77

ORIGINAL: Skaluf

Steve
Steve i am very interested in the TXR line. I will be buying a TXR switch as soon as it is avalable. Are there any indoor aerobatic 4 channel models in the
works, maybe an extra, yak or MX2. I am changing over to the Aurora 9 in all my larger planes, it looks like my 9C will be used as more than a
backup radio.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:04 PM
TimBle

when will FTR be available to market?
Can you divulge features that distinguish Tx-R and FTR. Clearly Hobbico is creating some internal competition and thats good but you can;t wan't one technology to be scavenging the others sales. So clearly there has to be a different market focus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.