Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Flying wires=Loop Antenna???

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2002, 03:50 AM
onewinglow
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flying wires=Loop Antenna???

I'm still having radio glitch problems, Tried changing to new rx, I'm flying with a Futaba 8uaf (72.610 mhz-ch41) and the problem is with my Areoworks 25% 540 Edge. The antenna is routed through the fuse in a plastic tube. and away from servo wires and pull pull rudder wires. But the tail section is held together with 2-56 rods with metal clevises and 2-56 bolts wich make a perfect steel square loop.
Now when I'm flying the antenna wire is probably touching this loop, so I'm wondering; if this is the problem would breaking the loop with nylon clevises break the loop. The radio glitch happens in the same 2 spots at the field at a certain altitude, about 100ft off the ground.
Thanks
Scott
Old 04-11-2002, 04:31 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm not real sure if this is a good idea here...I will say first though...check this on the ground...
If the wires are only needed for extreme flying(like my flying wires), take them off and see what happens. If your ground check works out OK, take the flying wires off and just cruise the field, nothing wild, just cruise. If problem persists, you can use something non-conductive like kevlar back there. If problem still persists, try it with antennae outside of fusalage. Process of elimination here will help I hope. Good luck.
Old 04-11-2002, 09:45 PM
Ladyflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IF your flying wires are at right angles to the antenna and not making contact ,bare antenna to flying wires that part should pose no problem.
Loose metal to metal connections on the other hand can wreak havoc with the radio system. They MUST be secure or broken up with an insulator at one end.

You may be creating the dead spot by pointing the end of the transmitter antenna directly at the plane. Under some conditions the "null" or weakest part of the transmitter antenna pattern can cause a "glitch". This is normal and is best avoided by making certain to orient your transmitter as vertical as possible ,especially when flying thru the problem spots.