Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

programming XP 8103

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 11:54 PM
Obfuscation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default programming XP 8103

I pretty new to this hobby and hope you all will take that into consideration before calling me names...

I took some good advice and started off with a trainer and an instructor. I'll be the first to say that that's the way to go for anyone out there just starting...get help...it's alot cheaper.

I bought an ARF setup with everything but the field equipment. It came with a Futaba 4 channel, etc. etc.

I have become pretty good with the trainer and have decided to build a kit. I still wanted something a little tame. I got a Piper J3 cub .60 model. I'm still not finished with the construction, but I've reached the point of last item things, balancing, final covering, etc.

I've also read a bunch of advice from you guys concerning radios. With your advice in hand, I purchased a JR 8103. I'm sure to have more plane or helis in the future and this seemed the best choice.

Now, finally, I come to my problem...the manual is not easy (at least for me) to follow along with to setup this radio for my plane. It's a simple plane with 5 servos. How do I get the 2nd servo (chnl 5) to act other than the gear in the acro mode? I looked all over and finally found a manual for the ultra stick 60 that had some programming instructions but in order to make the left aileron respond to the stick, I had to make the thing think it was a glider with flaps.

I'd like to be able to use some of the other features of this radio in the future but this manual is beyond me.

I found a multitude of places for setting up gliders but none for airplanes. I guess it's because they're easy...<grin>

Any help would be appreciated...and by the way, my handle <Obfuscation> means confusion.

thanks
Old 08-04-2003, 01:52 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default programming XP 8103

There is a programming guide here, http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/shar...amming-air.pdf , that may help setting up your 8103. How best to set up the gear channel to work for another function depends on the application that you want to use it for.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 8103 Programming

Channel 5 is the nominal industry standard for retractable landing gear. As such it is normally an on-off configuration. For a 5 servo plane you need to use one of the other channels.

As a general rule, ch 6 is for flaps and ch 7 for spoilers. On JR, and I own 2 8103s, the programs are set up to use ch 6 for flaperons.

If you have a specific question for your plane I'll be glad to try to help you.