Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Dumb question ...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 02:22 PM
AlphaWhisky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumb question ...?

Some months ago i acquired a cheap indoor Walkera helicopter from HK and about the same time bought a small Novus Huey from Tower. The HK Tx is type `WK 2402`and the sales blurb suggested this one Tx would fly all manner of little helis. FWIW there was a $2 difference between buying one of these little helis with the Tx as compared to buying one without the Tx. Does this reflect on the Tx quality ...?

The Tx that arrived with the Novus Huey has a type sticker `Tx4024` Apart from the decals all over it, it looks to be identical to the HK supplied unit, so I guess they originated in the same Chinese factory.

I have absolutely no understanding of electronics, and at my advanced age, no aspirations to know - if it works as intended that is OK by me. I played around with the Novus Tx, reprogrammed it to mode 1 and changed over the stick tension/ratchet arrangement to suit. All OK and surprise, surprise, that Tx operates both the HK heli and the Novus Huey. I haven`t bothered to change the HK Tx to mode 1 yet and haven`t even bothered to install any batteries in it. The current setup is working fine for me.

I recall the HK blurb mentioned DSM2 technology, whatever that is. I gather that has something to do with being able to program a range of 2.4 GHz rx`s to work from this (these) Tx`s ?

Since buying the above gear, all just as an amusing indoor sideline to flying my regular i.c planes, and more recently dabbling with small EDF jets, I have acquired several of the small, cheap `orange' Rx`s from HK. These are more or less intended for use with later small EDF`jets or parkfliers.

Query - Should it be possible to bind these little orange Rx`s to work with the cheap Novus/HK Tx`s ?

It`s probably worthy of note to mention that I have used older Futaba gear (currently simple 6EXA) to date, but since dabbling with EDF jets I have bought a Spektrum DX6i specifically for them - and still trying to figure out haw it all works..?

Interwted to hearwhat the experts can offer on this...

Thanks,

Alan W
Old 01-05-2011, 08:00 AM
v6goose

Default RE: Dumb question ...?

Hey Alan...

Would you mind telling me how you converted the radio to mode 1 as I want to do the same to a Heli-max Huey here in Canada.

Thanks!

Goose
Old 01-05-2011, 09:18 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

SS systems are usually not compatible between brands like the old PPM systems were.
There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers.
There are plenty of those on this and other forums
Old 01-05-2011, 03:09 PM
AlphaWhisky

Hi Goose,

Sent you a PM .....

Alan W