Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

S.bus questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 05:18 PM
OhD

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default S.bus questions

I asked these questions on the Direct Support forum but didn't get any answers. Maybe someone who has an S.bus system can help?

1) Is there anything special about the S.bus hub? Can I build my own with conventional servos cables?
2) Will conventional servo extensions work with S.bus servos? Any length limits?
3) What is the maximum voltage for 7.4 volt servos like the S9070SB? Can they take the full 8.4v of a 2s LiPo?

Jim O
Old 02-23-2011, 01:27 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: S.bus questions

1) You can build your own with conventional servo wire if you can find the multiple input female housing
2) yes, any servo extention lead will work as long as you have either a decoder cable for a conventional servo or an S-bus servo connected
3) yes 8.4V. The quoted voltags for servos is the nominal voltage not the maximum.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:18 AM
OhD

ORIGINAL: TimBle

1) You can build your own with conventional servo wire if you can find the multiple input female housing
2) yes, any servo extention lead will work as long as you have either a decoder cable for a conventional servo or an S-bus servo connected
3) yes 8.4V. The quoted voltags for servos is the nominal voltage not the maximum.
Thanks for the info. I guess it is time to move out and start testing this S.bus hardware. I want to see how well the programmable servos work before I commit to the S.bus concept but it sure sounds like the way to go. Have you had any experience with the S9070SB?

Right now I am thinking of using one of the many passive servo power isolator boxes to serve as the hub. It should work, right?

Jim O
Old 02-24-2011, 01:12 AM
TimBle

I have no experience with those so you would be the Guinea pig.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:04 AM
OhD

ORIGINAL: TimBle

I have no experience with those so you would be the Guinea pig.
I ordered the programmer and a servo to play with. Looking at the programmer instructions I see a dead band adjustment that goes down to 0.03 degrees. If the resolution is that good it would suggest a 4096 system. Some other interesting parameters can be adjusted too. Getting rid of the analog interface is a giant step that most folks can't appreciate.

Jim O
Old 02-26-2011, 10:19 AM
TimBle

you preaching to the converted here but it will take time for the luddites to catch on. There's still people flying FM!