Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

aurora 9 channel mystery

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 12:18 PM
c130nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aurora 9 channel mystery

I have a mystery on my hands. I have what I am about to tell you happen twice on two different airplanes on two different receivers. First on my Fling, I had the elevator and aileron(rudder in the aileron slot) working fine. Everything was working fine when I I turned it on and the aileron would not work. I looked through the menus to see what might be causing it, unplugged and replugged, switched servos..... needless to say channel one would not work, but the servo would make a noise when you plugged it in. I went to the hobbyshop to return the receiver and I was in there showing the owner the radio. I switched models to my mirage EDF jet, and low and behold... channel 1 worked. I went though and switched to the Fling model in the menus and it stopped working. To make it simple I deleted the old model and copied the other model to get it working. So far it is still working. Today I was in the exponential and D/R menu working on my Mirage settings when my rudder stopped working. Same this all over again. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?
Old 03-13-2011, 12:42 PM
c130nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: aurora 9 channel mystery

Problem solved, but not sure why it happened in the first place. Somehow the channel 4 setting went to Null or nothing. I switched it to Rudder and it worked. Again... not sure why or how it switched to that in the first place.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:51 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: aurora 9 channel mystery

ORIGINAL: c130nut I have a mystery on my hands. I have what I am about to tell you happen twice on two different airplanes on two different receivers. First on my Fling, I had the elevator and aileron(rudder in the aileron slot) working fine. Everything was working fine when I I turned it on and the aileron would not work. I looked through the menus to see what might be causing it, unplugged and replugged, switched servos..... needless to say channel one would not work, but the servo would make a noise when you plugged it in. I went to the hobbyshop to return the receiver and I was in there showing the owner the radio. I switched models to my mirage EDF jet, and low and behold... channel 1 worked. I went though and switched to the Fling model in the menus and it stopped working. To make it simple I deleted the old model and copied the other model to get it working. So far it is still working. Today I was in the exponential and D/R menu working on my Mirage settings when my rudder stopped working. Same this all over again. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?
Use your Monitor screen, saves turning model on, to ensure all channels are being driven as desired.
Aurora 9 - Programming Problem? - Parameters must be set in correct order e.g. V_tail.
(similar to other top level TX).

If programming is correct,number of scenario come to mind, rebind as that RX may have been set up to close/away from TX. or range check button depressed to long.
AFHSS - ID_Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Test Procedure Aurora 9, Spectra 2.4Ghz Module <> Optima Receiver.
"
6. Unexplained problems with Computerised Transmitters?
. Make sure battery is fully charged when programming.
. If Low Battery Warning sounds when flying - perform full range check, testing all mixes and trims before next flight.
This because a low battery frequently does not have the capacity to flash the trim and other adjustments to memory since TX was last turned on. Programming and other trim adjustments are only saved at time or after transmitter is turned off.
NB: Like USB devices pulled out to quickly, If TX is turned off/on again to quickly, previous adjustments may not have been fully saved."

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

or a faulty lead or extensionon the "Fling" servo, refersub Section
"Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - causes and cures " under
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.

(quick search = Ctrl+F)