Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio Receiver Compatability - Airtronics

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 12:28 AM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Receiver Compatability - Airtronics

I have an Airtronics VG 600 and the receiver has the new Z connectors.....Can I use the VG 600 Tx with old style Airtronics Receivers if the frequency is the same....? FM , DC, etc....
Old 08-10-2003, 01:09 PM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

You should have no problem using the older FM (PPM) rx's (like the 94765 6 channel, etc.)
Old 08-10-2003, 01:48 PM
Richard39

Default 92765 rx

I am using Airtronics 92765 FM DC receivers...Is that the same or OK to use...Thanks
Old 08-10-2003, 03:28 PM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

Sorry for the wrong number....92765 is correct...must have been thinking of servos to get the 94....
If the SERVOS have the "Z" connector just remember that the negative (will be outside black wire) and posititve (will be middle red wire) are switched on the "Z" connector and your 92765 will have the old Airtronics arrangements...positive is on outside and negative is middle. You would use a "Z" adapter or reverse the servo leads to make polarity compatible.
Here is a link for good information on servo wiring...this site also has a servo chart which lists specs (torque, transit times, etc.) for most mfg. servos.
Old 08-10-2003, 03:54 PM
Richard39

Default Tx

Thanks for the info...
Old 08-10-2003, 05:00 PM
strato911

Since aksmith forgot to include his link, here's a picture I use to help explain the different servo connectors. Any brand of servo will work with any brand of receiver, as long as the connector is wired correctly.

Also, if you don't like modifying servo ends, Airtronics sells adapters so their z-connector servos will work in clasic Airtronics receivers, and so their clasic-connector servos will work with the new z-connector receivers (and the competition too).