Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Jr Xf622 Faceplate Removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 03:50 AM
ALAN-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jr Xf622 Faceplate Removal

HELP! I can't remove the old silver faceplate from this radio to put the new one on. I took out the obvious screws, plus there are two hidden tabs on the top and one at the base - but no luck. The neck-strap eye won't pull or twist out and it seems to be holding everything locked in still. Any ideas?

Al
Old 04-13-2002, 04:58 AM
3d-rookie

Default Jr Xf622 Faceplate Removal

Alan, on those jr radio's ,you have to remove the back cover and there are 4 screws on the inside on some, others just have a nut on the neck strap bolt that holds things up, on the 652 it has 4 screws on the inside also.hope this helps a little.Mike.
Old 04-13-2002, 06:45 PM
ALAN-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default THANKS MIKE

Well, Guess what? You're right!

What a can of worms it is. Remove 4 silver screws from the front. ( The remaining two are plastic molded for looks only ) Then, take the back off and remove the antenna and the circuit board. Then, loosen the circuit board below so you can slip it up and out of the way a little later. Remove the battery.

Have a beer.

Remove 4 screws ( on on each corner ) on each stick gimbal because they are screwed to the back of the faceplate. Slip the gimballs up out of the way and get some crooked nose needle nose in underneath the center circuit board to hold the nut on the back of the neckstrap anchor while unscrewing the anchor.

Have another beer

Now, there are three little tabs ( Two top, and one bottom on the old faceplate that lock into the chassis. Peel back the plastic sticker just a tlittle below the center of the faceplate and you can get a small screw driver in there to pop the bottom tab of the faceplate out of the notch. Now the whole thing should come away by sliipping the top notches out of position.

Installation is the reverse of removal. What a horrible way to spend a saturday morning - but I'm done

THANKS MIKE! You gave my brain that little (thinking out of the box) prod it needed.

Al