Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR XP9303 TIMER ALARM ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 03:29 PM
meihls
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XP9303 TIMER ALARM ?

I finally figured out how to set the countdown timer on my new JR XP 9303 transmitter but was surprised to discover there is no audible/verbal alarm or countdown. Am I missing something, or is it true that there is none?
Thanks,
Gary
Old 03-22-2011, 04:07 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR XP9303 TIMER ALARM ?

ORIGINAL: meihls

I finally figured out how to set the countdown timer on my new JR XP 9303 transmitter but was surprised to discover there is no audible/verbal alarm or countdown. Am I missing something, or is it true that there is none?
Thanks,
Gary
I have two of those transmitters, but I have never used the Timers and the manual does not indicate, one way or the other, that it plays a tone. No one is going to take their eyes off their aircraft to look at the display, while flying, so I would guess it plays a tone.

I have always used a Talking Timer, from NuTemp. It has been sold at some Radio Shacks, SmartHome, and other places on the Internet. Just do a Google Search for NuTemp. It can be used as a Talking Clock, a Talking Count Up Timer, or a Talking Count Down Timer. It announces every minute and every 10 sec below one minute. It plays a 1 minute tone and then starts to Count Up. If you want to time how long a tank of fuel will fly your aircraft, just fly until you run out of gas and dead stick the model. However you use it, it is a great way to keep track of time. I clip it to my shirt or coat or to the Tx handle. The batteries are easy to replace. It has a small stand, built in, so you can take it on trips and set it up on a night stand.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:11 PM
lrb75
My Feedback: (12)

My 9303 beeps every minute and then makes several tones as it counts down to 0:00.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:12 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: lrb75

My 9303 beeps every minute and then makes several tones as it counts down to 0:00.
Thanks!!
Old 03-22-2011, 05:56 PM
meihls

I set the timer and let it count down but did not hear any beeps. Can this be turned off or turned down?
Old 03-24-2011, 09:38 AM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

The 9303 countdown timer only beeps in the last 30 seconds. At 30 seconds it beeps 3 times, at 20 seconds 2 times and for the last 10 seconds it beeps every second, with the last beep being a long one. The 8103 did this also plus beeped at the end of every minute. That disappeared when JR came out with the 9303. There is no settings for turning the beep on or off, and no setting to tell it how often to beep.

The 9303 does not beep when in count up mode or after countdown timing is done and the counter then starts counting up.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:09 AM
meihls

Thanks for the info GBR2. That is what I was looking for. I never let it get down that low in the count so I'll test it out tonight.