Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX8 Knife Edge Mix????

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 05:47 AM
grizzly59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX8 Knife Edge Mix????

New to the DX8 and figured out most of what I needed. The DX8 is very easy to use but I am puzzled when I came to a Knife Edge Mix. I wanted to mix rudder to elevator. I went into mix 5 and looked. I set master as rudder and then looked for elevator to slave. Here is my problem. I cannot find elevator. I see Lelev and Relev as selections. If I pick one I expect only one elev will move when I use the rudder?? In most of my transmitters I used prior to the DX8 I found Elev as a choice, never each elevator side seperated.

Going another step further I wanted a Rudder to Aileron mix. Same thing. I see Rail and Lail as choices to slave to the rudder. I do not see just aileron as I have seen in past used transmitters. Just wanted to aks if anybody has used these mixes and can advise before I plug into the plane and try stuff. Thanks.

Old 04-23-2011, 03:52 PM
grizzly59

Default RE: DX8 Knife Edge Mix????

Figured it out!!
Old 04-23-2011, 03:56 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hoosier06

Figured it out!!
Could you share what you found?
Old 04-23-2011, 04:30 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

When you mix to the Right Rudder or Aileron or Elevator, it moves both surfaces in the same direction.

When you mix to the Left side, they move in opposite directions. This is called "Back Mixing" and is described in the "6-channel glider" download page on the Community site.

Andy
Old 04-23-2011, 06:41 PM
grizzly59

Thank you guys for your tips I did a Mix 1 Rudder to Relev and put percentages in both rates. I needed up elev with rudder for going both ways and got it. Top rate negative % bottom rate positive %. Couldn't figure it out at first because of getting the %'s correct, - or + and top rate or bottom rate. Kept at it because of what Andy wrote.

I did another thing trying this stuff all out. I left Tail as normal in Wing Type window. I used mix 1 for Elev to aux 2, top and bottom rate 100%. Both elevators worked as usual. Then I did a Mix 2 Rudder to Elevator and a mix 3 rudder to aux 2. Rates in Mix 2 and 3 were top rate negative % and bottom rate positive%. The knife edge worked as wanted up elevator on knife edge. Did not check to see how trims were working. Will do that tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:12 AM
grizzly59

ORIGINAL: Hoosier06

Thank you guys for your tips I did a Mix 1 Rudder to Relev and put percentages in both rates. I needed up elev with rudder for going both ways and got it. Top rate negative % bottom rate positive %. Couldn't figure it out at first because of getting the %'s correct, - or + and top rate or bottom rate. Kept at it because of what Andy wrote.

I did another thing trying this stuff all out. I left Tail as normal in Wing Type window. I used mix 1 for Elev to aux 2, top and bottom rate 100%. Both elevators worked as usual. Then I did a Mix 2 Rudder to Elevator and a mix 3 rudder to aux 2. Rates in Mix 2 and 3 were top rate negative % and bottom rate positive%. The knife edge worked as wanted up elevator on knife edge. Did not check to see how trims were working. Will do that tomorrow.
Second set up gives no trim to left elevator-will just use the first set up where everything works.