Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

I need a $200.00 Tx/RX

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 05:21 PM
skatsrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a $200.00 Tx/RX

Wanting to get a new 2.4 G Tx /Rx for around $200 I narrowed it down to Futaba 6EXi or the Spektrum DX6mx
I'm sure they're both good radios and will work fine for what I need. But is one notoriously better than the other? Is one more cofortable? Does one feel more "cheesier" than the other?
Old 05-07-2011, 06:43 PM
ArchNemesis

Default RE: I need a $200.00 Tx/RX

I'm biased, but you'd be remiss not to at least look at the new Airtronics SD-6G.  Full frequency hopping (similar to Futaba's), significantly less expensive additional Rx's, full featured...blah blah blah.   Take a look...

Old 05-07-2011, 06:47 PM
ArchNemesis

I'm biased, but you'd be remiss not to at least look at the new Airtronics SD-6G.  Full frequency hopping (similar to Futaba's), significantly less expensive additional Rx's, full featured...blah blah blah.   Take a look...

Old 05-07-2011, 07:07 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I too am biased

Have you looked at the RD8000 ? it is an 8 channel radio with a lot of features for a good price.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...y-rds8000.html

Plus there is a thread here on RCU that has just about everything you ever wanted to know about the radio.

Buzz.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Minnreefer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say, look at what you think your future might be in the hobby and your money situation in the future. If you get into the hobby and stay with the hobby, you will more then likely have more then 1 plane, I would say the average is 6-10 planes ready to go during a season, so that means 6-10 rx. I would look at what the rx prices are. Airtronics, spectrum and hitec are almost always cheaper then Futaba.

just my 2 cents
Old 05-08-2011, 03:59 AM
mobaddawg

The spektrum DX6-i Has all you need for around $210. It is a great radio for just about anything RC that flies (and I think battle bots too).
Old 05-08-2011, 06:25 AM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

ORIGINAL: ArchNemesis

I'm biased, but you'd be remiss not to at least look at the new Airtronics SD-6G. Full frequency hopping (similar to Futaba's), significantly less expensive additional Rx's, full featured...blah blah blah. Take a look...

Yup....What he said....
Old 05-09-2011, 12:35 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

For my money, I'd buy the Airtronics SD-6g as well. It's a really strong value with a lot of advanced programming and mixing capabilities. The ergonomics and ease of programming are top shelf as well. The SD-6g looks and feels like a more expensive radio system than its price tag suggests.

I own two RDS8000 radio systems myself, and I've been happy with them. I sure wouldn't talk somebody out of getting the RDS8000, either.

I'd add the Hitec Optic 6 (not the Optic 6 Sport) 2.4Ghz radio system to your shopping list as well. It is the only radio system in its price range with a modular RF deck, so you can run Hitec 2.4Ghz, Spektrum DSM2, or Futaba FASST on it. It can also run 72Mhz RF decks or 3rd Party 2.4Ghz systems like Corona, FrSky, or XPS if you want to try something different. This radio also boasts high quality ergonomics.

Futaba is just getting ready to ship their new 6J radio system. It's a full-featured computer radio with 15 model memory and a nice variety of helicopter and airplane programming and mixing features. It uses Futaba's FHSS modulation, rather than FASST, so extra 6-channel full range 2.4Ghz receivers are only $44.99 from Futaba.

I see any of the three radios above as better options than the Futaba 6EX FASST or the Spektrum DX6i. The 6EX FASST has a limited feature set and the extra receivers are expensive. The DX6i has developed a reputation for fragility, with broken trim tabs, faulty scroll wheels, and sporadic memory loss or control reversal being noted on occassion.

Still, if the 6EX or DX6i is the worst of the choices available, life is pretty good. Both of these radio platforms still offer a solid value.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:01 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Although I have a dog in this hunt, I would agree that the SD-6G bears a look.