Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

will this chrystal work, Sing;e radio with Dual chrystal

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

will this chrystal work, Sing;e radio with Dual chrystal

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 07:19 AM
NathanGerhards
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will this chrystal work, Sing;e radio with Dual chrystal

This is a Hitec AM/FM 72 MHz Dual Conversion Receiver Crystal.

FEATURES: Replaces or changes the frequency crystal of a receiver.
This is used for Hitec radios on Channels 11-60.

INCLUDES: One AM/FM 72 MHz Dual Conversion Receiver Crystal.
Two "For Airplane Use Only" Stickers.

REQUIRES: An AM/FM 72 MHz Dual Conversion Hitec Receiver.

COMMENTS: For the AM Transmitter Crystal, use HRCL24**.
For the FM Transmitter Crystal, (N/A 3/2/00) use HRCL **.

For an AM/FM Single Conversion Receiver Crystal, use HRCL23**.

DO NOT attempt to use this crystal (HRCL01**) with a single
conversion receiver, those require a Single Conversion Receiver
Crystal, HRCL23**
Above will it work with my JR8103.
Old 08-15-2003, 07:46 AM
LS171Malibu
My Feedback: (16)

It is hard for me to determine what you are asking. I think you are asking if the Hitec DUAL conversion crystal will work in your JR receiver. Here are a couple of general rules that apply to radio crystals.

Crystal MUST be:

-for the transmitter... or the receiver

-from the same company as the application ie, JR Rx... JR crystal

-single conversion crystal will only work with single conversion receiver.... and vice versa

-Rx and Tx must be the same frequency

If you need a crystal for an original 8103 rx which is the 549 or 649, they are both single conversion which JR color codes gray.

If you by chance have an 8103 and are wanting to use a JR compatible Hitec DUAL conversion rx, then that could be the right crystal if you order it on the same channel.

Man....now I'm confused
Old 08-15-2003, 07:56 AM
NathanGerhards

Default confused

I have the 8103 JR and on 46, I was told that Hitec works with it but I know it is single convertion, my q also was is dual mean it can go either? I use JR stuff with expensive airplanes and I have less important or trianer type airplanes I would rather spend less on if I can.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:38 AM
LS171Malibu
My Feedback: (16)

Hitec will only* work with JR if it is specified on the receiver. Dual is not what you are thinking in this case, it has to do with the inner workings of the actual receiver. So this rx that you know is single conversion will need a single conversion crystal.

*Hitec does make one rx that will work with JR and Futaba, but with that one exception the other rule applys.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:07 AM
Steve Lewin

The crystal will only work in certain Hitec receivers. If you say what model of Hitec receiver you are thinking of using the crystal in someone might be able to answer.

If it is the correct type of receiver it will work with your transmitter but you have give us no way to tell.

Steve
Old 08-15-2003, 01:20 PM
BillHarris

To add:

JR requires a positive-shift RX. Airtronics and JR are positive-shift systems. Hitec and Futaba are negative-shift systems.

The new Airtronics Z-connectors, Hitec and JR connectors are compatible with each other. Futaba and old Airtronics connectors are not compatible. I dunno about Multiplex.
--Bill
Old 08-15-2003, 04:59 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Cross brand compatbilitys

With modern FM (PPM) radio systems there are three concerns that must be understood for cross brand Rx, Tx use.

First and foremost in North America and not most of the rest of the world we have to deal with two different modulation shifts used by the four majors as is listed by posters above. For different brand Rx's to work they must be purchased with the same shift as the tx unless the Tx has a shift selection feature or the Rx has a shift selectable feature.

The next area of concern is Rx conversion stages. All dual or single conversion means is a different filtering methods used in the Rx. It only applys to the Rx. There is no differance in the Tx's in this regard.

The third concern is plugs which used to be a major headache. But not so much anymore as the manufacturers are discovering that in this age of communication that the customer will no longer tolerate proprietary games and compatability is the only way in the future. Airtronics, JR and Hitec all use the same plug now and are totally interchangeable. The only holdout is Futaba with there little tab that must be cut off to be compatable with the rest of the world.

In regards to Crystals only use:

Only use the same brand crystal as the device it is plugged into. If it is a Hitec Rx use only a Hitec crystal and if you use a JR Tx that should have a JR crystal.

Only use single conversion crystals in a single conversion RX.

Only use a Rx. crystal in a Rx.

If you desire to use a Hitec as well as FMA with your JR radio you would merely order the RX with the proper shift for JR or One of both companys model RX's that are shift selectable and that Rx is usable with any FM Tx. Also you would order with their crystal on the appropriate channel (in other words don,t try to use one of your JR crystals in the new flight pack.

John
Old 08-17-2003, 08:32 AM
NathanGerhards

Default Thanks soo much

All that you said makes sense and that's what I thought. I just wanted to clear it up so I don't have to CLEAN up my airplane from the trees. if you know what I mean. ha ha h
Thanks
Nathan