Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Rhino 2620 3c 11.1 Transmitter battery

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Valve floater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino 2620 3c 11.1 Transmitter battery

I have the hobbyking Rhino low discharge 2620 3c 11.1 lipo battery in my Futaba 7c channel 72 transmitter.It has been great. Have been using it for about 6 months now.I have charged it about 5 times. Vol. at full charge is at 12.1. I recharge at around 10.1. Removing it and using a balancing charger. Not to chance it and let it get too low. It is always ready to go,which is great for my electric planes at the spur of the moment.
The question is that i am wanting to use it in my newer 2.4 Futaba 10c radio. Do you think it would be safe to use? Anyone using something like this in this radio? It has not affected my old transmitter but i don`t want to blow this one.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:03 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Rhino 2620 3c 11.1 Transmitter battery

ORIGINAL: Valve floater

I have the hobbyking Rhino low discharge 2620 3c 11.1 lipo battery in my Futaba 7c channel 72 transmitter.It has been great. Have been using it for about 6 months now.I have charged it about 5 times. Vol. at full charge is at 12.1. I recharge at around 10.1. Removing it and using a balancing charger. Not to chance it and let it get too low. It is always ready to go,which is great for my electric planes at the spur of the moment.
The question is that i am wanting to use it in my newer 2.4 Futaba 10c radio. Do you think it would be safe to use? Anyone using something like this in this radio? It has not affected my old transmitter but i don`t want to blow this one.
I have been using 3cell 2500mah LiPos in all my transmitters, for years (two 9303, one 8103, 9CAP, and 8AUPS). The issue is usually whether or not the voltage regulator in the Tx can handle the higher voltage for long periods of time. Some people only charge their Tx LliPo packs to 11.7 or they go to Radio Shack and buy the appropriate Diode that when placed in Series, on the Positive Battery Lead, will drop the voltage .3v per Diode.

A fully charged LiPo cell is 4.2v, so a 3cell pack charges to 12.6v. My 9303 display reads 12.4v because that is probably the max reading for that indicator.

Some of the newer radios are finally offering LiPo or NiMh batteries for the Tx.

I love using LiPos in my Tx. I do not have to charge for weeks and a full recharge is less than an hour. I am more careful about not leaving the Tx power switch on since LiPos do not recover well from discharge below 3v per cell