Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:34 PM
vettechjamie
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio help.

Hello all i have an airtronics rd6000 and i have a bad circuit board. Im trying to remove the board but i cant seem to get the yellow wire holder off the circuit board. it is soldered on the back and it looks like it should just come off but i cant get it. I need to replace the board and i need to get this off to remove it.

This is the inside of the radio almost in the center there is a yellow wire harness with a bunch of white and 1 red wire that is what i am trying to remove.
[link]http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/2/7/3/1/8/0/a3143342-166-img_6727-3.jpg[/link]

Please help do i need to unsolder the back of it or is there a way to pry it off??
J
Old 07-06-2011, 09:19 PM
aussiesteve

Default RE: Radio help.

It most likely has locking tabs on the side of the connector. Can't see it clearly from the photo.

My question is this.
Are you sure it is the board that is faulty and will the radio still be fully compliant once you have worked on it?

Old 07-06-2011, 09:31 PM
vettechjamie
My Feedback: (4)

Not sure but i was charging it and the battery got hot. i tried a brand new battery and the radio wont turn on. it could be a resistor or diode not sure i purchased a used airtronics radio same model from ebay and it works but it has broken tabs and inorder to fix the tabs i still need to disconnect that connector. there is no locking tabs on the yellow connector it looks like it should be able to come off but so far no luck. this is my back up radio i have a jr 9303 that i just bought. But this radio was on 2.4 with a corona mod and i have 5 receivers with it i dont want it to go to waste lol. but that damn yellow connector is kicking my ***** lol
J
Old 07-07-2011, 06:11 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could be that the board has "plated thru" holes, where the solder flows all the way through the holes to both sides of the board. Very tough to get "desoldered". Go to your local Radio Shack, and get some stuff called "wicking braid". This is a narrow copper braided stuff, that is saturated with soldering flux. Place the braid on the solder location, and heat. It will suck all the solder up into the braid, making it possible to wiggle the connector, and break it loose.

Les
Old 07-07-2011, 07:53 AM
crossman

If you can get to the other end of the wires, maybe they will disconnect from that end and you can use the harness from the "donor" radio along with the board. I wouldn't expect to have to unsolder that.