Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

brushed esc throttle help

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 AM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default brushed esc throttle help

I was flying a seaplane with brushed motors using a jeti 450 brushed esc and a dx7 reciever when all throttle stoped . I tried another brushed speed control when i got home and it does not work either so here we go . I pluged in a servo in the throttle port and it works is there any thing else in the throttle / reciever that could have shorted out so my speed controls dont work. I will try replacing my reciever next but is it posible for a servo to work in the throttle port and a esc throttle not to work in my dx reciever. joe
Old 09-06-2011, 11:19 AM
BuschBarber

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: brushed esc throttle help

ORIGINAL: joebahl

I was flying a seaplane with brushed motors using a jeti 450 brushed esc and a dx7 reciever when all throttle stoped . I tried another brushed speed control when i got home and it does not work either so here we go . I pluged in a servo in the throttle port and it works is there any thing else in the throttle / reciever that could have shorted out so my speed controls dont work. I will try replacing my reciever next but is it posible for a servo to work in the throttle port and a esc throttle not to work in my dx reciever. joe
When you say DX7 receiver, you need to be more specific. There are many Spektrum receivers that are compatible with the DX7. Are you talking about the AR7000?

http://aircraft-world.com/prod_datas...eti_dc-esc.htm

According to the web site above, the Jeti 450 is an Opto ESC with no BEC. Are you running an External BEC wired into the Motor Battery or are you using a separate battery for the receiver. If the servo works, the receiver is getting power. Are you sure that the Throttle channel is set to the proper direction? If the ESC has an Arming Sequence, which requires Full Throttle Stick and then Idle, to Arm the ESC, it would not work with the Throttle channel Reversed (unless of course you moved the Throttle Stick to Idle and then Full Throttle). Where do you have the Throttle Trim set? It usually needs to be all the way down.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:44 PM
joebahl

I had the throttle set at 0 and it worked fine for 3 flights .I have a extra battery for my rec and servos . I am running 4 - 480 brushed motors off the jeti 450 esc. 2-3cell 3200 lipos in series so 22.2 volts divided by 4 motors in series .
Old 09-07-2011, 10:26 AM
joebahl

I tried hooking some d size batterys to run my motors ,and it should have run them . I think one of my solders came loose inside my wing and won,t arm my esc . So it looks like i will be cutting into my wing again ,iam lucky it dont scare me.lol joe Thanks for all your help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63796.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	1659316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66417.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1659317   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gm22201.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	39.4 KB