Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FMA Receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 02:36 PM
Mach I
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMA Receiver?

Hi all,

Are the FMA Quantum receivers worth the money over the FM Futaba receivers?

Futaba $75 including crystal from Tower

FMA $103 including crystal from FMAdirect.com

Has anyone had any experience with FMA receivers, good or bad? I have the Futaba 6XAS system on 50mhz, so I assume that the FMA receivers should work if I go that route.

Thanx,

-Chuck
Old 08-20-2003, 03:53 PM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

Default FMA Receiver?

I have used several FMA rx's beginning with the time Fred Marks began his business. I have used the original Interceptor (8 channel), a 8 channel Quantum, and a M-5 Micro; everyone of my FMA rx's have given excellent service...never a glitch or any kind of problem, but, at the same time I have never had a problem with my Airtronics rx's either. Mine are all 72 mHz, and I would (and do) recommend FMA to others.
If you have been folllowing one of the threads here on RCU you may have noticed that the supprot for 50 mHz appears to be going away, at least by the major mfg; don't know what the continued support will be with FMA.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:10 PM
ec121k

Default FMA Receiver?

FMA receivers put those antique 127DF's of Futaba's to shame. Only problem is losing them on a messy benchtop. They are small.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:49 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FMA Quantum

I have 4 of the FMA Quantun receivers and a couple of the others on 50MHz that I fly with my JR 8103 radio. They have imprssive ground range and I have yet to have a problem in several years of flying them. I did lose a Fortress receiver, but that was after my fun fly plane had a meeting with a giant. You can guess who won that one. He only had a couple of ribs broken while I had lost radio, plane and engine. That was a really good TT .46.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:38 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default FMA Receiver?

I have several of the FMA recievers and all have given me excellent service.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:41 PM
Mach I
My Feedback: (10)

Default FMA Receiver?

Thanx for the feedback guys. I will be in need of a couple new receivers soon. I think I'm going to give FMA a try.

Thanx,

-Chuck
Old 08-20-2003, 09:02 PM
katanaguy
My Feedback: (1)

Default FMA Receiver?

hi i had one it failed i sent it back and they would not honor the warranty said it had been worked on ?? i bought at joe nall and within 1 year it failed killed my katana s and a ys 120 dead use them if you want too good luck x katanaguy
Old 08-23-2003, 03:48 PM
Frank does KAP

Default FMA Receiver?

I have used several of their receivers and have always been very happy with their performance. Fred Marks was very helpful on the phone when I enquired about the European frequencies I needed (35 Mhz) and he knows what he is talking about. One time he actually drove to my hotel to deliver personally a receiver which not have made it in time anymore by courrier! - Fortunately for him I was not too far from his place...

Best regards,

Frank Louwers (Belgium)
Kite Aerial Photography
www.altina.cx